Need pest control termite control in Phoenix AZ right away? Call us at 623-587-0125.
What kind of termites might I need Phoenix AZ Termite Treatment?
We come across underground termites the most often in homes and businesses.. They’re also by far the most destructive termite of all the termite varieties we have and cause the need for termite treatment in Phoenix AZ along with much of Arizona. They are incredibly mobile, building little, light tan mud tubes to go through inside the soil directly into structural wood.
Subterranean termites make these types of mud tube channels to go through the soil through to nutrients resources. After getting into those supplies, they employ their exceptionally powerful scissor-like jaws they utilize to chew through exposed wood Twenty-four hours each and every day – seven days a week.
Termite Habits in Phoenix AZ
Were you aware that termites don’t sleep? That’s the reason why they are continually busy, and in particular during their busy periods. How come they eat wood? Because the wood’s cellulose is their food. Subterranean termites swarm during springtime and also monsoon season, as reproductive termites kick off new colonies.
Desert subterranean termites’ colonies could very well be as much as 2 million strong and reside deep in the soil. Termites can potentially tunnel 100’s of ft to uncover food resources, and they just need a 1/32″ crack to gain entry through concrete directly into people’s homes. At times you can see termite capsules on foundation cement, dangling from ceilings, on wall structures, as well as “swarming” around your property.
In cases where you’ve seen any of those problems, it’s time to contact us at 623-587-0125 for Pest Control and Termite Control in Phoenix AZ. Get your termite truth today, from the specialists that know.
Termites are most lively in the spring and after monsoon season. Our termite examination and treatment calendar books up quickly during these times so in case you are suspicious of a termite condition or just want to be more secure and get checked out, please phone without delay. Termites are quiet home wreckers that essentially eat away through wood houses. They may contribute to more emotional and monetary damage in comparison with any other infestation – the destruction gets carried out noiselessly and quickly.
Because wood is their nutrition, they’re able to very easily damage your home as they chew through wood, flooring, and even wall paper as well as other objects manufactured from paper or real wood, causing greater than five BILLION dollars in damage inside the United States each and every year.
Rid A Bird Pest Control Termite Control in Phoenix can help safeguard your home from termite devastation. By providing termite home inspections for our termite clients we prevent harmful termites from destroying your possessions. We tailor our termite treatments for your home. We warranty our termite control throughout Phoenix metro area as well as beyond.
Conditions Contributing to Needing Pest Control Termite Control in Phoenix AZ
- Direct wood to earth contact with any component of your house.
- Substandard grade directing water toward the foundation.
- No ACTIVE Termite BARRIER, or termite pre-treat prior to building.
- Foundation Cracks.
- Trees as well as Bushes coming in contact with your residence.
If any of these types of conditions are present relating to your property, such as exposed wood contacting dirt anyplace outside your house, there is a very high chance for termite entry. Affected wood sounds dull when knocked with a screw driver or mallet. Having said that, to avoid possible destruction of your house, please don’t bang holes in your wall surfaces. We will find out about termite problems without the need for creating damage to your house. Phone Rid A Bird Pest Control Termite Control in Phoenix today at 623-587-0125.
Termite Treatments in Phoenix AZ
Quality termite treatments need a proper time schedule to get results. If you need pest control or termite control in Phoenix AZ, we need to treat termites effectively in the Phoenix area. To do this, we must address underground areas as well as those close to your foundation. Above ground solutions have no effects on harmful termites inside of their protective mud tubes and underground colonies. Every home and termite infestation is different. Therefore we customize your own termite treatment plan in order to meet your needs. We take care of every home and business that needs termite treatment in a unique manner.
- Preventative Control
- Full Home Corrective Management
- Renewable Termite Control WARRANTIES
Subterranean Termite Treatments include trenching around the structure, drilling into concrete if necessary, and inner wall treatments when essential. Our termite pro’s will drill through EXPANSION JOINTS, if at all possible, to save property owners from the look of drilled concrete. Prices for Termite Management Treatments get assessed on linear footage, & concrete drilling requirements.
The majority of homes in the Phoenix AZ area are pre-treated for Termites. The ground gets treated before pouring the concrete foundation. Termite pre-treats may last for up to five years. For the reason that subterranean termites are so incredibly prevalent in our Phoenix area valley, we highly recommend a preventive termite inspection every 2-3 years and then control treatment every 3-5 years after that.
Termite Species in Phoenix AZ
Most termites discovered in our Arizona Desert are Subterranean Termites. These termites live inside enormous colonies as deep as 50 ft below ground. Living below ground is not the problem. It is what they do when they come out of the ground that causes the need for pest control termite control in phoenix az.
Subterranean Termites emerge from the ground seeking cellulose in the wood products of your home to feast upon. Our native variety is Heterotermes. These underground Termites are indigenous to our locale and thrive in the dry desert in which we are located in. They generally swarm through our monsoon season mostly right after the heavy rains.
This particular variety constructs common mud tubes that you may see in the ground. They are small, strong, and air tight! Subterranean termites nest in locations with higher humidity content and below concrete foundations because of the capability to retain dampness. Due to the fact these harmful termites are so incredibly small, they can invade households through exceptionally small cracks inside concrete and expansion joints!
People generally get in touch with us for termite control whenever they come across mud tubes going up a foundation or poking through a wall structure. They also call us whenever they witness flying termites “swarming” around their property. They may look like flying ants but could very well be flying termites so if in doubt, give us a call at 623-587-0125.
Do Desert Landscape Termites Cause the Need for Pest Control Termite Control in Phoenix AZ?
In the Arizona desert, we experience the “Desert Termite” (Gnathamitermes & Wheeler Termites).
This particular termite doesn’t normally get into houses and cause destruction. “Desert Termites” generally feed on lumber, and vegetation . out of doors. Following a good rain or perhaps irrigating, “Desert Termites” build mud tubes which can wholly cover dead vegetation and also wood products. Desert Termites also leave sheets of mud directly on Palm Trees, Cactus, and pieces of lumber coming in contact with the terrain.
Therefore, the answer to the question is no, they do not cause the need for pest control termite control in Phoenix az.
These Termites are not as common in the Phoenix AZ region, but are an infrequent challenge.
Light Western Drywood Termites can be located in the Sonora Desert BELOW 4000 ft elevation. Drywood Termites dwell Inside the wood they infest and are usually seldom seen.
Signs or symptoms Of Drywood Termites
Drywood termites discharge piles of fecal pellets from nests out of very small openings. (After you’ve cleaned the fecal pellets away, the straw colored pellets will certainly build up repeatedly.)
- Swarmers are generally red
- Small holes, roughly 1mm across
- Piles of small wings
Conducive Conditions for Termite Pest infestations in Phoenix AZ
- Moisture in the earth around the foundation or in the home itself.
- Direct lumber to topsoil contact. Absolutely no part of your residence should have direct contact with the soil and your residential home.
- Incorrect grade draining water toward your foundation, instead of away from the home.
- Trees & bushes too close or touching the house or office. Vines, Shrubs, and other greenery should Not grow on or up against your residence or home siding since it draws in wetness, lures in termites, hinders pest investigations, and adds to wood decay.
- No ACTIVE Termite BARRIER. This can be the absence of a termite pre-treat before construction, of simply an older residence that needs a brand new Termite Control Application. This does not display on report.
- Cracks in the foundation. Those do not reveal on a termite report, but can provide sufficient entry for termites directly into a structure.
- Wood Debris and MULCH – Mulch is ideal for plants and landscaping but can cause problems with termites. Termites love moist wood and cellulose containing elements in mulch. Many times they will forage these locations. If you use mulch ensure that it stays down to 2-3 inches thick. Do not put it right next to your foundation. Mulch should not have exposure to stucco home siding, the foundation, siding, home windows or doors. Any wood debris within the garden soil can entice termites to the food source. Concrete form boards, tree and bush stumps, scrap wood, fire wood, landscaping timbers even cardboard boxes and also newspaper interest foraging termites.
Termites regularly eat wood and never fatten up!
The most detrimental creature community that never ever sleeps. Can this be a name for the most recent terror motion picture? No, but it is the perfect detailed description of the actual menace which termites can end up being when they take up residence in your home or business. With some local varieties acquiring up to of 2 million workers inside a single colony, termites cause over $5 billion in damages to property each and every calendar year.
Termites can feed on timber internally. As a consequence they are often undiscovered in exposed lumber simply because often the outside area is allowed to remain undamaged even though the inside can be eaten to shreds! Without any doubt, termite destruction in and around your home is of utmost importance.
Protecting Your Home from the Termite Damage in Phoenix AZ
The important factors to protecting your home from harmful termites include education about prevention. You should also have a professional termite examination every 2-3 years. Without routine inspections, termites will undoubtedly be much more complicated to control and you will definitely need pest control termite control in Phoenix AZ. Your property may become assaulted by termites without warning, and those infestations can be undiscovered for years. They are able to remain hidden behind walls, flooring surfaces, insulation and other obstructions.
The technical phrase for a termite inspection is WDIIR (Wood Destroying Insect Inspection Reports) Inspection. Most people just call it a termite inspection. Additionally it includes those things that can attack the structural stability of any home: wood borers, carpenter ants, and carpenter bees. The termite inspection also highlights any conducive conditions. This includes aspects of the structure that, in the event they aren’t fixed, could very well entice termites, and virtually anything else.
There is at least one very worrying and scary aspect of termites. Many times there is absolutely no obvious warning sign to the untrained eye that your particular house is actually infested or susceptible. Rid A Bird’s Termite Inspection professionals carefully examine the home and identify wood destroying pests and organisms, determine the source of any pest infestations, and prepare any appropriate recommendations for repair. Having a termite inspection could mean the real difference with regard to finding and catching already present problems early, before they get enough time to become significantly more severe.
This is what you should expect to occur during the full Wood Destroying Insect Inspection Report examination:
To make the process easier and less intrusive to your time schedule, please take away everything that is laying up against the walls within your garage. Also, try to take away any items that are stored against the perimeter of the premises.
A licensed inspector will arrive at your property at the planned time. He or she will speak to you about your concerns as well as specific places that you may be concerned about or have actually noticed symptoms of wood damage. The inspector also will tell you what’s involved in the inspection.
The inspector will examine both outside and inside of the real estate. For example the crawl space, patios, porches, car port and also the places below the floor of the living space. In addition we search for water leaks in the house. An inspection can take in excess of an hour to perform. We look to find dead insects and also the ones that are alive, termite pellets, termite wings, along with termite tubes.
Approximately a week following the inspection is completed, we will give you a comprehensive report that describes what we discovered. We explain whether termite activity was discovered and exactly where it was found. We shall also supply detailed strategies for treatment or repair, coupled with a period of time for those recommendations that can be implemented.
Indications of infestation – how do I see whether I have termites in Phoenix AZ?
More often than not you will not know that you have a termite infestation. They are known as hidden invaders for a great explanation -there may very well be absolutely nothing obvious to the untrained eye suggesting that a building is under infiltration. Nevertheless, if you start looking closely, you may notice some warning signs that a colony has taken up residence in your home.
Termites do leave a range of signs of their existence. With diligent inspections you might be in the position to tell if you’ve got an infestation and also catch it before too much damage is done. Wings on windowsills or flying termites at your residence undoubtedly are cause for alarm. Wood damage can be an identifying indication of a termite problem. If you find or break open a piece of wood and it is honeycombed or maybe carved out, the damage was probably because of termites. You can probe suspect wood by using a ice pick or flat-blade screw driver to find out whether it’s been hollowed.
Severely damaged wood seems hollow when tapped. Unexplained piles of what appears to be like coarse grains of sand (which might appear almost anywhere through the house) might just be termite fecal pellets sifting out of wood members. Mud tubes on walls, along base boards or in crevices and cracks indicate termites.
Termites could cause significant destruction within 3 years, which is why recommend termite inspections for your house as well as other buildings on your property each and every 2-3 years. Termite treatment is crucial to mitigating structural damage, however the only way to know when you have termites is to inspect for them. Professional inspection by Rid A Bird Pest Control Termite Control in Phoenix AZ is your most effective way to prevent termites, and to eliminate them when you have them.
What to do if you’ve got termites?
Effective termite treatment methods are based upon the location and degree of the problem, the species of termite, along with the construction of the building. Our inspectors consider each infestation individually and then make suitable recommendation for a rigorous treatment plan that effectively controls that termite society.
We will not sell you a predetermined product or solution – just like if you went to a health care professional. We only recommend the methods have been proven to effectively eliminate the exact problems connected with your structure, protecting your home or business. Pest Control Termite Control in Phoenix AZ is extremely important to head off additional damage before it occurs. However, if wood damage is discovered, we can also make recommendations for repairs brought on by these harmful insects.
Here are some ideas to keep your residence termite-free:
- At least once every 6 months investigate the areas around your water system. Please note and repair and leak issues.
- At least once each year check your concrete block and fill any kind of cracks.
- Never allow water to get on stucco or wood siding when watering your yard or garden.
- Gutters along with downspouts should be maintained in good repair.
- Foundation air vents must be kept completely exposed; clip bushes as needed.
- Moisture must not be allowed to accumulate around your house next to the foundation.
- Dispose of any wood or foam board left in place after any construction takes place.
- Old tree stumps and roots around and beneath the building ought to be removed.
- Wood touching soil is a prime termite access point – keep an 18-inch gap between the soil and wood and inspect for this space each and every year.
- Repair any kind of broken roof tiles and asphalt shingles as quickly as is feasible – damaged tiles and shingles create moisture traps which attracts termites and can provide a gateway to the inside.
- Look for dampness in your roof and attic space and dehumidify if you discover a problem
- Be sure that the moisture release of air conditioning units is located away from your home’s foundation
- Don’t allow puddles to sit. Check for condensation and other moisture build-ups around air conditioner units.
- Use plastic boxes to store items in the attic.
- Carry out regular inspections in your living areas for termite activity
- When building a new home be sure that a professional lays down a termite barrier which can last up to 5 years
- Check for termite damage on skirting boards by pressing your thumb firmly against the skirting board.
- When appropriate, use items made of other materials such as metal for home furniture.
Additional Tip to Help Keep Your Home Termite Free in Phoenix AZ
- Put wooden furniture out in the sun if you find signs of termites.
- Keep laundry off the ground and away from walls
- In your garage and basement, keep storage units away from walls
- Use metal shelves instead of wood if appropriate for your home
- Make sure windows and doors in your home are kept shut during swarming season
- Regularly inspect your cupboards for termite activity. If you are worried, call professional pest specialists.
- Remove old tree stumps from your garden
- Use mulch made from other materials such as gravel, plastic, and rubber
- Leave a gap between the mulch and the foundations of your home
- Use termite-resistant or treated fence and deck posts
- Replace wooden fence posts with ones made from metal and rock
- If you live in an area prone to termite activity opt for an alternative garden feature to decking.
- Store wood elevated off the ground and away from your home.
*Termite inspection and removal
You may have noticed that many of these termite prevention tips involve carrying out regular inspections for termites. In doing so you are creating a proactive method in keeping your home safe from these wood boring insects. A termite exterminator will be able to correctly inspect a property for termites. He or she can identify any issues. They can also recommend the correct course of termite control options. An annual termite inspection will help ensure your property is protected against the potential for termites to much their way through your home.
If you suspect termites and you need pest control termite control in Phoenix AZ, call in the professionals quickly by dialing 623-587-0125 as soon as possible. The longer you wait the more damage that will need to be repaired and the significantly higher the cost. Small, localized infestations can many times simply be removed and treated by a qualified person. Rid A Bird Pest Control Termite Control in Phoenix AZ can be trusted for all your pest and termite extermination needs. Please use our contact form if you would like to email us immediately.
If you would like to read more about termites, check out the Wiki article.