Need pest control or termite control in Goodyear AZ right now? Click to call us at 623-587-0125
What kind of termites might I have in Goodyear AZ?
Subterranean termites are among the most recognizable termite we discover within businesses and homes. They are also by far the most damaging termite among all the termite species we have within Goodyear and much of Arizona. Termites are very mobile. They build small, light tan mud tubes to move through inside the earth straight into the structural wood.
Subterranean termites create the mud tube channels so they can make their way inside the ground through to food sources. After progressing to those sources, they begin using their incredibly strong scissor-like mandibles to gnaw through exposed wood. They do this twenty-four hours every single day – seven days a week. Because of this problem, many people need pest control termite control in Goodyear AZ.
Termite Habits in Goodyear AZ
Did you know that termites don’t go to sleep? That’s precisely why they’re continually moving and eating, and in particular throughout their busy seasons. Why is it that they eat wood? Merely because the wood’s cellulose is their food. Subterranean termites swarm during springtime and monsoon season, as reproductive termites launch new colonies.
Desert subterranean termites’ colonies can be up to two million strong and live deep inside the soil. Termites may tunnel 100’s of feet to find food sources. They only need a 1/32″ crack to acquire entry through concrete straight into people’s homes.
Sometimes you can see termite capsules on foundation cement. They may also be suspended from ceilings, on wall surfaces, or you may see flying termites “swarming” around your residence. In cases where you’ve personally seen any one of these warning signs, it’s the best time to contact us at 623-587-0125. Get the termite details now from the pros that know about pest control termite control in Goodyear AZ.
Termites usually are most lively in the springtime as well as after monsoon season. Our termite examination and treatment schedule books up rather quickly during these seasons. In case you are suspicious of a termite condition or maybe prefer to be free from danger and get inspected, be sure to contact as soon as possible.
Termites are noiseless house wreckers. They literally eat away at lumber dwellings. This can result in more psychological and monetary damage when compared with any other infestation. Usually the harm is executed quietly and quickly. Since wood is their food, they can easily devastate your residence. They eat through wooden walls, flooring, and wall paper along with other products composed of paper or lumber. Termites cause more than five BILLION dollars in devastation in the United States yearly.
Rid a Bird Pest Control Termite Control in Goodyear AZ helps safeguard your house from termite devastation. By supplying termite investigations for our termite clients we prevent termites from ruining your home. Our termite treatments are custom-made for your home. We warranty our termite control in Phoenix metro area as well as beyond.
Conditions Causing Termite Issues in Goodyear AZ
- Direct wood to soil contact with any portion of your dwelling.
- Defective grade directing water toward the foundation.
- No ACTIVE Termite Shield, or termite pre-treat prior to construction.
- Foundation Cracks.
- Trees or Bushes in contact with your residence.
If any of these types of conditions are present regarding your property, there is a rather high chance with regards to termite access. including Wood contacting soil anywhere outside your dwelling is one of the biggest factors in termite damage. Affected wood sounds dull when tapped with a screwdriver or hammer. However, in order to avoid possible destruction of your home, you don’t need to beat holes in your wall surfaces. We can detect termite troubles without the need to cause additional damage to your house. Contact Rid a Bird Pest Control Termite Control in Goodyear AZ at 623-587-0125
Termite Treatments in Goodyear AZ
Quality termite treatments need to have a proper time schedule to get results. To deal effectively with termites in the Goodyear area, we have to treat underground & close to your foundation. Above ground solutions have no effect on harmful termites in their protective mud tubes & underground colonies. Every home and termite infestation is unique, so we customize your termite treatment in order to fulfill your needs. This includes:
- Preventive Control
- Total Household Corrective Management
- Renewable Termite Control WARRANTIES
Subterranean Termite Treatments include trenching all-around the building. The treatment includes through concrete whenever needed, and interior wall treatments when essential. Our termite pro’s will drill through expansion joints wherever possible to save homeowners from the appearance of drilled concrete. Prices for Termite Control Treatments are computed on linear footage, & concrete drilling requirements.
Most homes within the Phoenix AZ area get pre-treated for Termites before pouring the concrete foundation. Termite pre-treats can last for up to 5 years. Because termites are incredibly prevalent in our Goodyear area, we highly recommend a preventative termite examination every 2-3 years and then control treatment every 3-5 years after that.
Termite Species in Goodyear AZ
Most termites discovered in our Arizona Desert are Subterranean Termites. These types of termites are located within enormous colonies as deep as 50 feet below the ground.
Subterranean Termites emerge from the ground searching for cellulose in the wood products of your house to feed on. Our native variety is Heterotermes. These subterranean termites are native to our locale and prosper in the dry desert that we live in. They usually swarm through our monsoon season mostly right after the heavy rains.
This variety of termite creates common mud tubes that you may possibly see on your lawn. They are small, strong, and air tight! Subterranean termites nest in places with higher humidity content. They will also nest under cement foundations because of the cement’s ability to hold on to moisture.
Due to the fact these kinds of termites are so small, they can get into homes through very small cracks in concrete and expansion joints! Home-owners normally call us for termite control when they find mud tubes going up a foundation, poking through a wall structure, or when they notice flying termites “swarming” around their house. These flying termites may look like ants, but they are actually termites. They necessitate pest control termite control in Goodyear AZ.
Desert Landscape Termites
In the Arizona desert, we experience the “Desert Termite” (Gnathamitermes & Wheeler Termites).
This type of Termite doesn’t usually get into houses and cause damage. “Desert Termites” mostly feed on lumber, and plants outside. After having a good rain or perhaps watering, “Desert Termites” build mud tubes which often can entirely cover lifeless vegetation. They can also cover wood products. Desert Termites also leave sheets of mud attached to Palm Trees, Cactus, and also pieces of wood coming in contact with the ground.
These Termites are not as wide-spread in the Phoenix Arizona valley, however they are an infrequent concern.
Light Western Drywood Termites can be located in the Sonora Desert BELOW 4000 feet altitude. Drywood Termites reside Inside of the wood they infest and are usually rarely seen.
Signs Of Drywood Termites
Drywood termites expel heaps of fecal pellets from nests out of miniature openings. (After you’ve purged the fecal pellets away, the straw colored pellets will certainly build up again.)
- Swarmers are generally red
- Very small holes, approximately 1mm in diameter
- Piles of small wings
Conducive Circumstances with regard to Termite Infestations in Goodyear AZ
- Moisture inside the earth around the foundation as well as in the home itself.
- Direct lumber to earth contact. Absolutely no part of your home should have direct contact with the earth and your home.
- Incorrect grade draining water toward your foundation, instead of away from the residence.
- Trees & bushes too close or in contact with the home or place of work. Vines, Shrubs, and other greenery should Not grow on or up against your home or house siding because it traps moisture, draws in termites, inhibits termite check ups, and leads to wood decay.
- No ACTIVE Termite BARRIER. This can be the absence of a termite pre-treat before construction, of simply an older house that requires a new Termite Control Application. This does not display on report.
- Cracks in the foundation. They do not indicate on a termite report, but can present sufficient entry for termites into a structure.
- Wood Debris and MULCH – Mulch is wonderful for plants and landscaping but can easily cause trouble with termites. Termites love damp wood and cellulose containing products in mulch. Many times they will likely forage these areas. If you use mulch maintain it down to 2-3 inches thick and do not put it close to your foundation. Mulch should not have direct contact with stucco exterior material, the foundation, siding, home windows or doors. Any wood trash in the garden soil can entice termites to the food source. Concrete form boards, tree and bush stumps, discarded wood, fireplace wood, landscaping timbers even cardboard boxes and newspaper attract foraging termites.
Termites regularly eat wood and never fatten up!
Likely the most damaging monster colony that experts claim never rests. Is this a headline for the newest scary motion picture? No, but it is the most suitable description of the actual menace that harmful termites can be in the event that they take on residence in your house or business.
With some regional species acquiring up to of 2 million members within a single colony, termites cause over $5 billion in damages to property each and every year. Termites can eat wood from within and consequently might be undiscovered in exposed wood because often the exterior area is still left undamaged even though the inside is eaten to shreds! Without a doubt, termite annihilation in and around your property is of greatest importance.
Protecting Your Home from Termite Damage in Goodyear AZ
The first considerations for protecting your dwelling from subterranean termites include education on prevention together with a professional check up each and every 2-3 years. Without routine examinations, termites will likely be significantly more challenging to control. Your property could become assaulted by termites at any time, and those infestations are often undiscovered for a long time. They are able to remain hidden behind walls, flooring surfaces, insulation as well as obstructions.
The technical phrase to have a termite inspection is WDIIR (Wood Destroying Insect Inspection Reports) Inspection. Many people refer to it as a termite inspection, but additionally it includes those things that might attack the structural values of any structure: timber borers, carpenter ants, and carpenter bees. The termite examination also points out any conducive conditions – aspects of the structure that, in the event they aren’t resolved, will likely entice termites, and all the rest.
Essentially the most worrying and scary thing about termites is as follows: more often than not, there isn’t an overt sign to the untrained eye that a house might be infested or susceptible. Rid A Bird’s Termite Inspection specialists completely examine the home and identify wood damaging infestations and organisms, pinpoint the source of any pest infestations, and make any important strategies for repair. Getting a termite inspection can often mean the difference with regard to catching existing problems early, before they have a chance to become more severe.
Here’s what you should expect to take place during the complete Wood Destroying Insect Inspection Report examination:
To help make the whole process easier and much less intrusive to your time schedule, please be sure to take away anything that is resting against the wall surfaces in your garage. Furthermore, make an effort to take away any things that are stored against the perimeter of the premises.
A licensed inspector will arrive at your property at the appointed time and talk over your issues as well as any specific places which you happen to be concerned about or already have observed symptoms of wood destruction. The inspector will also tell you about what’s involved in the inspection.
The inspector will check both the outside and inside of the real estate. For example the attic space, patios, porches, garage along with the places under the floor of the liveable space. In addition we look for water leaking in your home. An inspection could take over an hour to complete. We look to find dead insects as well as the ones that are still living, termite pellets, termite wings, and also termite tubes.
Approximately a week following the inspection is finished, we will give you an in-depth report that explains what we found. We explain whether termite movement was discovered and exactly where it had been located. We will also present detailed recommendations for treatment or restoration, in addition to a timeframe for those strategies to be implemented.
Warning signs of infestation – ways to determine if I have termites in Goodyear AZ?
More often than not you will not know that you’ve got a termite problem. They’re referred to as hidden invaders for a good reason -there may be absolutely nothing observable to the untrained eye showing that a building is under infiltration. However, if you check closely, you might notice some warning signs that a colony has taken up residence within your house.
Termites do leave a number of signs of their existence. With thorough inspections you may well be able to determine whether you have an infestation and even catch it before an excess of damage is done. Wings on windowsills or flying termites at your residence would definitely be cause for alarm. Wood damage could be an identifying indication of a termite infestation. If you find and break open a piece of wood and it is honeycombed or maybe carved out, the damage was probably attributable to termites. You can probe suspect wood by using a ice pick or possibly a flat-blade screwdriver to determine if it has been hollowed.
Severely damaged wood may sound hollowed out when tapped. Unexplained piles of what looks like it’s coarse grains of sand (which could appear almost anywhere through the building) might just be termite fecal pellets sifting out from wood members. Mud tubes on walls, along base boards or in cracks and crevices denote termites.
Termites can cause appreciable devastation in a mere 3 years. This explains why recommend termite inspections for your residence along with other structures on your property each and every 2-3 years. Termite eradication is critical to alleviating physical damage, however the only way to know when you have termites is to inspect for them. Professional inspection by Rid a Bird Pest Control Termite Control in Goodyear AZ is your best way to prevent termites, and to eliminate them if you have them.
Where to start if you’ve got termites in Goodyear AZ?
Effectual termite treatment solutions are based upon the location and degree of the infestation, the type of insect, as well as construction of the building. Our inspectors consider each and every infestation individually and then make proper recommendation for a intense plan for treatment that effectively controls that termite society.
We won’t sell you a predetermined product or solution – just as if you went to your doctor. We exclusively recommend the methods have been proven to effectively eliminate the exact problems associated with your structure, protecting your home or business. If wood damage is located, we will also make recommendations for repairs caused by these harmful pests.
Below are great tips in order to keep your residence termite-free:
- At least one time every 6 months investigate the areas around your plumbing. Notice and repair and leak issues.
- At least once a year check your concrete block and fill any cracks.
- Don’t allow water to get on stucco or wood siding whenever watering your yard or garden.
- Gutters and also downspouts need to be kept in good repair.
- Foundation air vents need to be kept fully exposed; prune shrubs as needed.
- Moisture mustn’t be permitted to build up around your residence near the foundation.
- Take care of any wood or foam board left in place after any construction takes place.
- Old tree stumps and roots around and underneath the building ought to be removed.
- Wood being exposed to soil is known as a leading termite entry point – leave an 18-inch gap between the soil and wood and check for this space each and every year.
- Repair any broken roofing tiles and roof shingles as soon as is feasible – broken or cracked roof tiles and roofing shingles produce dampness traps which attracts termites and can provide a path to the inside.
- Check for dampness in your roof and attic and dehumidify if you find a problem
- Ensure the moisture release of air conditioning units is located away from your home?s foundation
- Don?t allow puddles to sit. Check for condensation and other moisture build-ups around air conditioner units.
- Use plastic boxes to store items in the attic.
- Carry out regular inspections in your living areas for termite activity
- When building a new home be sure that a professional lays down a termite barrier which can last up to 5 years
- Check for termite damage on skirting boards by pressing your thumb firmly against the skirting board.
- When appropriate, use items made of other materials such as metal for home furniture.
Here are some additional tips to help keep your home termite free:
- Put wooden furniture out in the sun if you find signs of termites.
- Keep laundry off the ground and away from walls
- In your garage and basement, keep storage units away from walls
- Use metal shelves instead of wood if appropriate for your home
- Make sure windows and doors in your home are kept shut during swarming season
- Regularly inspect your cupboards for termite activity. If you are worried, call professional pest specialists.
- Remove old tree stumps from your garden
- Use mulch made from other materials such as gravel, plastic, and rubber
- Leave a gap between the mulch and the foundations of your home
- Use termite-resistant or treated fence and deck posts
- Replace wooden fence posts with ones made from metal and rock
- If you live in an area prone to termite activity opt for an alternative garden feature to decking.
- Store wood elevated off the ground and away from your home.
*Termite inspection and removal for pest control termite control in Goodyear AZ
You may have noticed that many of these termite prevention tips involve carrying out regular inspections for termites. In doing so you are creating a proactive method in keeping your home safe from these wood boring insects. A termite exterminator will be able to correctly inspect a property for termites. He or she can identify any issues as well as recommending the correct course of termite control options. An annual termite inspection will help ensure your property is protected against the potential for termites to much their way through your home.
If you think you may have termites and need pest control termite control in Goodyear AZ, call in the professionals quickly by dialing 623-587-0125 as soon as possible. The longer you wait the more damage that will need to be repaired and the significantly higher the cost. Small, localized infestations can many times simply be removed and treated by a qualified person. Rid a Bird Pest and Termite Control can be trusted for all your pest and termite extermination needs. Please use our contact form if you would like to email us immediately.