Need termite infestation help right away? Click to call us at 623-587-0125!
What kind of termites might I have in Buckeye AZ?
Subterranean termites will be majority of frequent termite that we come across in homes and businesses. They are also by far the most devastating termite out of all the termite varieties we have around Phoenix and much of Arizona. They are quite mobile, constructing compact, light tan mud tubes to travel through from the land into structural wood.
Subterranean termites construct these kinds of mud tube tunnels to be able to go through the ground through to nutrients sources. After arriving at those resources, they implement their especially powerful scissor-like jaws they use to gnaw through solid wood 24 hours each day – 7 days a week.
Did you know termites don’t sleep? That’s exactly why they’re constantly active, especially throughout their active periods. How come they eat wood? Simply because the wood’s cellulose is their food. Subterranean termites swarm during spring and also monsoon season, as reproductive termites begin new colonies.
Desert subterranean termites’ colonies can be as much as two million strong and exist deep inside the ground. Termites may very well tunnel 100’s of feet to discover food sources, and they just need a 1/32″ crack to acquire entry through concrete easily into living spaces.
At times you can see termite tubes on foundation concrete, dangling out of ceilings, on wall structures, or “swarming” around your residence. In the event that you’ve viewed any one of these conditions, it’s the best time to call us at 623-587-0125. Get the termite details right now, from the professionals that know.
Termites are typically most lively in the spring and after monsoon season. Our termite examination and treatment solution calendar books up quickly during these seasons so in case you are suspicious of a termite problem or want to be safe and get checked out, be sure to phone without delay.
Termites are silent house wreckers that literally eat away through wooden homes. They may cause more emotional and monetary ruin than any other pest – usually the damage is done noiselessly and swiftly. Because wood is their nutrition, they’re able to easily harm your house as they will eat through wooden, hardwood floors, and even wall paper and other products crafted from paper or real wood, causing in excess of five BILLION dollars in damage in the United States on a yearly basis.
Rid a Bird Pest and Termite Control can help safeguard your home as a result of termite devastation. By administering termite examinations for all of our termite clients we prevent termites from ruining your house. Our termite treatment options are custom-made for your home. We warranty our termite control throughout Phoenix metro area as well as beyond.
Conditions Leading to Needed Termite Control in Buckeye AZ
- Direct wood to earth exposure with any component of your dwelling.
- Incorrect grade directing water in the direction of the foundation.
- No ACTIVE Termite Shield, or termite pre-treat prior to house construction.
- Foundation Cracks.
- Trees as well as Bushes coming in contact with your residence.
If any of these conditions exist relating to your property, including exposed wood making contact with dirt anyplace outside your household, there’s a particularly high threat with regards to termite entry. Affected wood sounds dull when knocked with a screw driver or mallet. However, to prevent possible injury to your home, be sure you don’t bang holes in your walls. We’ll detect termite problems without the need for resulting in damage to your house. Get in touch with Rid a Bird Pest and Termite Control in Buckeye AZ at 623-587-0125
Termite Treatments in Buckeye AZ
Quality termite treatments need a proper time schedule in order to work. To control Termites within the Phoenix area, we have to treat underground & close to your foundation. Above ground applications have no impact on Subterranean termites in their protective mud tubes & underground colonies. Every home and termite infestation is unique, therefore we customize your own termite treatment plan to meet your needs. This includes:
- Preventative Control
- Total Household Corrective Management
- Renewable Termite Control WARRANTIES
Subterranean Termite Treatments include trenching all-around the structure, drilling through concrete if needed, and home interior wall treatments when essential. Our Termite pro’s will drill through EXPANSION JOINTS, if at all possible, to save property owners from the appearance of drilled concrete. Price ranges for Termite Control Treatments are assessed on linear footage, & concrete drilling requirements.
Virtually all homes within the Phoenix AZ area are pre-treated for Termites before the concrete floor foundation is poured. Termite pre-treats can last for up to five years. Since subterranean termites are so prevalent in our Phoenix area valley, we advise a preventative termite evaluation every 2-3 years and then control treatment every 3-5 years thereafter.
Termite Species in Buckeye AZ
Most termites discovered in our Arizona Desert are Subterranean Termites. These termites are located throughout extensive colonies as deep as 50 ft below ground.
Subterranean Termites emerge from the ground in search of cellulose in the wood products of your residence to feed on. Our indigenous species is Heterotermes. These subterranean Termites are indigenous to our locale and thrive in the dry desert in which we reside in. They generally swarm through our monsoon season mostly following the heavy rains.
This particular species constructs common mud tubes that you may possibly see in your yard. They are tiny, strong, and airtight! Subterranean termites nest in places with higher humidity content as well as underneath concrete foundations because of the ability to retain dampness.
Because these harmful termites are so small, they can get into homes through very little cracks within concrete and expansion joints! Home-owners often call us for termite control whenever they find mud tubes going up a foundation, poking through a wall structure, or when they notice flying termites “swarming” around their property.
Desert Landscape Termites
In the Arizona desert, we experience the “Desert Termite” (Gnathamitermes & Wheeler Termites).
This type of Termite doesn’t usually get into residences and cause harm. “Desert Termites” primarily feed on wood, and plants out of doors. After a really good rain or perhaps irrigating, “Desert Termites” construct mud tubes that can entirely cover dead vegetation or wood materials. Desert Termites also leave sheets of mud on Palm Trees, Cactus, and sections of lumber coming in contact with the terrain.
These Termites are not as common in the Phoenix Arizona region, however they are an occasional concern.
Light Western Drywood Termites can be located in the Sonora Desert BELOW 4000 feet elevation. Drywood Termites dwell Inside the wood they infest and are scarcely seen.
Signs Of Drywood Termites
- Drywood termites discharge heaps of fecal pellets coming from nests out of miniature holes. (After you’ve cleaned the fecal pellets away, the straw colored pellets will build up yet again.)
- Swarmers usually are red
- Very small holes, around 1mm across
- Piles of little wings
Favorable Conditions for Termite Infestations
- Moisture within the earth around the foundation as well as in the home itself.
- Direct exposed wood to topsoil contact. Absolutely no part of your house should have direct contact with the dirt as well as your family home.
- Poor grade draining water towards the foundation, instead of away from your house.
- Trees & bushes too close or coming in contact with the home or office. Vines, Shrubs, and other vegetation should Absolutely not grow on or up against your house or house siding because doing so draws in moisture, draws in termites, hinders pest investigations, and contributes to wood decomposition.
- No ACTIVE Termite BARRIER. This can be the lack of a termite pre-treat before construction, of just an older residence that really needs a brand new Termite Control Application. This does not reveal on report.
- Cracks in the foundation. They do not reveal on a termite report, but can present ample access for termites into a structure.
- Wood Debris and MULCH – Mulch is ideal for plants and landscaping but may cause issues with termites. Termites love moist wood and cellulose containing elements in mulch. Many times they will forage these places. If you use mulch ensure that is stays down to 2-3 inches thick and do not set it next to your foundation. Mulch should definitely not have contact with stucco house siding, the foundation, siding, home windows or exterior doors. Any wood waste within the dirt can captivate termites to the food supply. Concrete form boards, tree and bush stumps, discarded wood, fireplace wood, landscaping timbers even cardboard boxes and newspaper interest foraging termites.
Termites constantly eat wood and never fatten up!
One of the most detrimental creature colonies that never rests. Is this actually a subject for the most recent scary video? No, however it is the best description of the actual menace which termites can become when they take up residence within your home or business. With some regional types acquiring upward to of 2 million individuals in a individual colony, termites cause over $5 billion in damage to property every year.
Termites can consume wood internally and therefore could very well be not noticed in uncovered lumber because often the outer area is still left unharmed despite the fact that the inside is actually eaten to shreds! Without any doubt, termite annihilation in as well as around your dwelling is of greatest importance.
The important factors towards protecting your dwelling from harmful termites include education about proper protection along with a professional examination each and every 2-3 years. Without frequent assessments, termites will likely be much more challenging to control. Your residence could get assaulted by termites whenever they want, and those infestations are often undiscovered for several years. They’re able to remain hidden behind walls, flooring surfaces, insulation as well as obstructions.
The technical phrase for a termite inspection is WDIIR (Wood Destroying Insect Inspection Reports) Inspection. Most individuals call it a termite inspection, but additionally it includes those things which may attack the structural condition of any structure: wood borers, carpenter ants, carpenter bees, fungus, and dry rot. The pest examination also explains any favorable conditions – sections of the structure that, in the event they aren’t fixed, probably will entice termites, and all the rest.
Probably the most worrying and scary thing about termites is this fact: more often than not, there isn’t an observable sign to the untrained eye that a house might be infested or at risk. Rid A Bird’s Termite Inspection experts thoroughly examine the building and identify wood damaging insects and organisms, pinpoint the cause associated with any infestations, and make any necessary recommendations for repair. Getting a termite assessment could mean the real difference in catching already present conditions as soon as possible, before they have the chance to become considerably more severe.
Here’s what you can expect to take place during the complete Wood Destroying Insect Inspection Report examination:
To make the process quicker and less intrusive to your time schedule, if possible take away everything that is sitting up against the walls in your garage. Additionally, try to take away any items that are stored against the perimeter of the premises.
A licensed inspector is going to arrive on to your property at the appointed time and go over your concerns as well as specific places which you may be concerned about or have witnessed symptoms of wood devastation. The inspector also will tell you exactly what is involved in the inspection.
The inspector will assess both interior and exterior of the real estate. This includes the attic space, patios, porches, garage and also the places under the floor of the living space. We also hunt for water leaking in your home. An inspection will take in excess of an hour to perform. We search to find dead insects in addition to those that are still living, termite pellets, termite wings, along with termite tubes.
Approximately a week after the inspection is finished, we will provide you with a comprehensive report that describes what we located. We explain whether termite movement was discovered and exactly where it was located. We shall also supply detailed strategies for treatment or repair, along with a time-scehdule for those strategies that must be implemented.
Indications of infestation – how do I know whether I have termites in Buckeye?
More often than not you won’t be aware that you’ve got a termite infestation. They are called hidden invaders for a very good reason -there may very well be almost nothing observable to the untrained eye suggesting that a building is under assault. Having said that, if you look very closely, you might notice some indicators that a colony has taken up residence in your home.
Termites do leave a range of signs of their presence, and with diligent inspections you will be in the position to tell if you have an infestation and also catch it before very much damage is done. Wings on windowsills or flying termites at your residence absolutely are grounds for alarm. Wood damage may well be an identifying indication of a termite infestation. If you discover and break open a piece of wood and it’s honeycombed or possibly carved out, the destruction was most likely the result of termites. You can probe suspect wood with a ice pick or maybe a flat-blade screwdriver to find out whether it has been hollowed.
Severely damaged wood may appear hollow when tapped. Unexplained piles of what looks like it’s coarse grains of sand (which could appear almost anywhere throughout the structure) might just be termite fecal pellets sifting out of wood members. Mud tubes on walls, along base board or in crevices and cracks indicate termites.
Termites could potentially cause considerable damage in only 3 years, which is the reason recommend termite inspections for your home and other structures on your property each and every 2-3 years. Termite removal is critical to alleviating structural damage, but the only way to know if you have termites is to inspect for them. Professional inspection by Rid a Bird Pest and Termite Control is your most effective way to prevent termites, and to get rid of them when you’ve got them.
Where to start if you’ve got termites in Buckeye AZ?
Effective termite treatment methods are dependent upon the location and extent of the problem, the type of termite, together with the construction of the building. Our inspectors evaluate every single infestation individually and make appropriate recommendation for a comprehensive treatment solution that effectively controls that termite population.
We will never sell you a predetermined product or solution – in the same way if you went to your doctor. We only recommend the methods have been proven to effectively eliminate the exact problems associated with your structure, protecting your home or business. If wood damage is located, we’ll also make recommendations for repairs as a result of these harmful insects.
Here are some ideas to keep your house termite-free:
- At least one time each and every 6 months inspect the areas around your water lines. Observe and repair and leak issues.
- At least once yearly check your concrete block and fill any kind of cracks.
- Do not allow water to get on stucco or wood home siding when watering your yard or garden.
- Gutters as well as downspouts should be kept in good repair.
- Foundation air vents have to be kept entirely exposed; trim shrubs if required.
- Moisture should not be allowed to build up around your home near the foundation.
- Dispose of any wood or foam board left in place after any construction takes place.
- Old tree stumps and roots around and underneath the building should be removed.
- Wood touching soil is regarded as a prime termite entry way – leave an 18-inch gap between soil and wood and inspect for this gap each year.
- Repair any damaged roofing tiles and shingles as soon as is feasible – broken or cracked roof tiles and roofing shingles produce dampness traps which attracts termites and can provide a path to the inside.
- Look for dampness in your roof and attic space and dehumidify if you find a problem
- Be sure that the moisture release of air conditioning units is located away from your home?s foundation
- Don?t permit puddles to sit. Look for condensation and other moisture build-ups around air conditioner units.
- Use plastic boxes to store items in the attic.
- Carry out regular inspections in your living areas for termite activity
- When building a new home be sure that a professional lays down a termite barrier which can last up to 5 years
Additional ideas to help prevent termite infestation
- Check for termite damage on skirting boards by pressing your thumb firmly against the skirting board.
- When appropriate, use items made of other materials such as metal for home furniture.
- Put wooden furniture out in the sun if you find signs of termites.
- Keep laundry off the ground and away from walls
- In your garage and basement, keep storage units away from walls
- Use metal shelves instead of wood if appropriate for your home
- Make sure windows and doors in your home are kept shut during swarming season
- Regularly inspect your cupboards for termite activity. If you are worried, call professional pest specialists.
- Remove old tree stumps from your garden
- Use mulch made from other materials such as gravel, plastic, and rubber
- Leave a gap between the mulch and the foundations of your home
- Use termite-resistant or treated fence and deck posts
- Replace wooden fence posts with ones made from metal and rock
- If you live in an area prone to termite activity opt for an alternative garden feature to decking.
- Store wood elevated off the ground and away from your home.
*Termite inspection and removal
You may have noticed that many of these termite prevention tips involve carrying out regular inspections for termites. In doing so you are creating a proactive method in keeping your home safe from these wood boring insects. A termite exterminator will be able to correctly inspect a property for termites and identify any issues as well as recommending the correct course of termite control options. An annual termite inspection will help ensure your property is protected against the potential for termites to much their way through your home.
If you suspect termites and need pest control termite control in Buckeye AZ, call in the professionals quickly by dialing 623-587-0125 as soon as possible. The longer you wait the more damage that will need to be repaired and the significantly higher the cost. Small, localized infestations can many times simply be removed and treated by a qualified person. Rid a Bird Pest and Termite Control can be trusted for all your pest and termite extermination needs. Please use our contact form if you would like to email us immediately.
Want to research more on termites? See this Wiki article.