Need help ridding your home or business of termites and need termite control in Carefree AZ right away? Click to call us at 623-587-0125!
We are family owned and operated with over 35 years experience.
What kind of termite problems might I have in Carefree AZ?
Underground termites are definitely the most common termite we discover throughout homes and businesses in Carefree AZ. They’re also by far the most harmful termite of all the different termite species you’ll find in Carefree and much of Arizona. They are incredibly ambulant, crafting compact, light tan mud tubes to go through from the land into structural timber.
Subterranean termites build these types of mud tube tunnels as a way to move from the ground through to food resources. After getting into those supplies, they employ their exceptionally powerful scissor-like jaws they use to be able to gnaw through lumber Twenty-four hours every single day – seven days a week.
Did you know that termites don’t sleep? That’s the reason they’re continually busy, particularly during their busy seasons. How come they eat wood? Merely because the wood’s cellulose is their food.
Subterranean termites swarm during spring and monsoon season, as reproductive termites initiate new colonies. Desert subterranean termites’ colonies may well be up to two million strong and dwell deep in the soil. Termites may tunnel 100’s of feet to discover food sources, and they only require a 1/32″ crack in order to gain entrance through concrete easily into homes.
From time to time you can see termite tubes on foundation concrete, suspending from ceilings, on wall surfaces, or perhaps “swarming” around your residence. If you’ve personally or anyone in your household have seen any one of these symptoms, it’s a perfect time to give us a call at 623-587-0125. Get your termite facts now, coming from the industry experts that know.
Termites are typically most lively in the spring and after monsoon season. Our termite inspection and treatment solution calendar books up rapidly during these times. In case you suspect a termite issue or just choose to be free from danger and get assessed, please contact us as soon as possible at 623-587-0125.
Termites are noiseless dwelling wreckers that unquestionably eat away at wood buildings. They may cause more emotional and financial destruction as compared to any other pest. The injury is carried out noiselessly and swiftly. Because wood is their nutrition, they are able to quickly destroy your property as they will eat through woodworking and hardwood floors. They will even eat away at wall paper along with other items composed of paper or wood. They cause greater than 5 BILLION dollars in devastation within the United States year after year.
Rid a Bird Pest and Termite Control in Carefree AZ can help protect your home from termite damages. By administering termite examinations for all of our termite clients we prevent termites from ruining your possessions. Our termite treatment plans are customized for your home. We warranty our termite control throughout Phoenix metro area and beyond.
Conditions Resulting in Termite Infestations Needing Termite Control in Carefree AZ
- Direct wood to earth exposure with any component of your residence.
- Defective grade directing water toward the foundation.
- No ACTIVE Termite BARRIER, or termite pre-treat in advance of building.
- Foundation Cracks.
- Trees or Bushes in contact with your home.
If any of these types of scenarios exist regarding your property, such as exposed wood contacting soil anywhere outside your household, there is a rather high probability with regards to termite entry. Affected wood sounds dull when knocked with a screwdriver or hammer. Having said that, to prevent possible destruction of your house, be sure you don’t beat holes in your walls. We’ll uncover termite troubles without the need for creating harm to your premises. Contact Rid a Bird Pest and Termite Control at 623-587-0125
Termite Treatments and Termite Control in Carefree AZ
Quality termite treatments require a proper time program to get results. To control Termites within the Carefree area, we must address underground & close to your foundation. Above ground treatments have no effects on Termites inside of their protective mud tubes & subterranean colonies. Every home and termite infestation is unique, therefore we create your termite treatment solution in order to meet your needs. This includes:
- Preventive Control
- Total Household Corrective Control
- Renewable Termite Control WARRANTIES
Subterranean Termite Treatments include trenching around the structure, drilling into concrete when necessary, and home interior wall treatments when needed. Our Termite pro’s will drill through EXPANSION JOINTS, if at all possible, in order to save homeowners from the appearance of drilled concrete. Price ranges for Termite Control Treatments are calculated on linear footage, & concrete drilling requirements.
Virtually all homes in the Phoenix AZ area are pre-treated for Termites ahead of the concrete floor foundation is poured. Termite pre-treats may last for up to 5 years. Considering that subterranean termites are incredibly prevalent in our Phoenix area valley, we strongly recommend a preventive termite evaluation every 2-3 years and then control treatment every 3-5 years thereafter.
Termite Species in Carefree
Most termites located in our Arizona Desert are Subterranean Termites. These termites are located inside huge colonies as deep as 50 feet below the ground.
Subterranean Termites emerge from the ground trying to find cellulose in the wood products of your home to feed on. Our native species is Heterotermes. These underground Harmful termites are native to our locale and flourish in the dry desert that we are located in. They generally swarm through our monsoon season mostly right after the heavy rains.
This particular variety creates common mud tubes that you could see in the ground. They are small, strong, and air-tight! Subterranean termites nest in locations with greater humidity content and below concrete foundations due to the capacity to retain dampness.
Because these harmful termites are so incredibly small, they can invade households through exceptionally little cracks inside concrete and expansion joints! People generally get in touch with us for termite control when they come across mud tubes going up a foundation, poking through a wall structure, as well as whenever they discover flying termites “swarming” around their house.
Desert Landscape Termites
In the Arizona desert, we have the “Desert Termite” (Gnathamitermes & Wheeler Termites).
This type of Termite doesn’t normally get into residences and cause damages. “Desert Termites” primarily feed on lumber, and plants out of doors. After a good rain or watering, “Desert Termites” construct mud tubes that can totally cover dead plants and also wood materials. Desert Termites also leave sheets of mud attached to Palm Trees, Cactus, as well as sections of wood coming in contact with the ground.
These termites are not as wide-spread in the Carefree AZ region, however they are an infrequent problem.
Light Western Drywood Termites can be commonly found within the Sonora Desert below 4000 ft elevation. Drywood Termites dwell Inside of the wood they infest and are usually hardly ever seen.
Signs Of Drywood Termites
- Drywood termites expel piles of fecal pellets from nests out of very small openings. (After you’ve cleaned the fecal pellets away, the straw shaded pellets will certainly build up once more.)
- Swarmers are usually red
- Little holes, approximately 1mm across
- Piles of small wings
Favorable Conditions for Termite Infestations in Carefree AZ
- Dampness within the earth around the foundation as well as in the home itself.
- Direct exposed wood to soil contact. Absolutely no part of your residence should have direct contact with the dirt as well as your dwelling.
- Defective grade draining water in the direction of your foundation, instead of away from the house.
- Trees & bushes too close or touching the home or office. Vines, Shrubs, and other greenery should Not grow on or against your house or house siding since it draws in wetness, attracts termites, inhibits termite investigations, and leads to wood decomposition.
- No ACTIVE Termite BARRIER. This can be the deficiency of a termite pre-treat prior to construction, of merely an older house that needs a brand new Termite Control Application. This does not display on report.
- Cracks in the foundation. These do not display on a termite report, but can present ample access for termites right into a structure.
- Wood Debris and MULCH – Mulch is ideal for plants and landscaping but can cause issues with termites. Termites love moist wood and cellulose containing materials in mulch. Often times they will likely forage these areas. If you use mulch maintain it down to 2-3 inches thick. Do not put it close to your foundation. Mulch must not have contact with stucco home siding, the foundation, siding, house windows or entry doors. Any wood dust within the soil can captivate termites to their food supply. Concrete form boards, tree and bush stumps, garbage wood, fire wood, landscaping timbers and even cardboard boxes and newspaper will interest foraging termites.
Termites constantly eat wood and never fatten up!
Likely the most detrimental monster community that never ever rests. Can this be a subject for the latest terror video? No, it really is the most appropriate description of the actual menace which harmful termites can be when they pursue residence within your home or business.
Due to some localized varieties having upward to of 2 million members inside a individual colony. Termites cause over $5 billion in damages to property every year. Termites can feed on lumber from within and therefore may be unnoticed in exposed lumber because often the outside area is left unharmed despite the fact that the inside can be eaten to shreds! Without a doubt, termite annihilation in and around your dwelling is of highest importance.
The important factors to protecting your residence from subterranean termites include education on prevention not to mention a professional inspection every 2-3 years. Without frequent assessments, termites are going to be much more difficult to control. Your house could become attacked by termites at any time. Those infestations are often undiscovered for a long time. They can remain hidden behind walls, floor coverings, insulation as well as obstructions, causing major wood and structural damage in your home.
Termite Inspection Overview
The technical phrase to have a termite inspection is WDIIR (Wood Destroying Insect Inspection Reports) Inspection. Many people call it a termite inspection, but it additionally includes those things that could possibly attack the structural stability of any home: wood borers, carpenter ants, carpenter bees, fungus, and dry rot. The termite examination also highlights any conducive conditions – portions of the structure that, if they aren’t remedied, are likely to bring in termites, and all the rest.
Essentially the most worrying and scary thing about termites is as follows: many times, there is absolutely no obvious indication to the untrained eye in which a structure is infested or vulnerable. Rid A Bird’s Termite Inspection experts in Carefree AZ will thoroughly examine your home and identify wood damaging infestations and organisms. They will pinpoint the source of any pest infestations and then make any essential recommendations for restoration. Having a termite assessment could mean the difference in whether already present issues will get an opportunity to become much more severe.
Termite Inspection Specifics
Here’s what you can expect to occur during the full Wood Destroying Insect Inspection Report home inspection:
To help make the process quicker and less invasive towards your time schedule, please remove anything that might be situated against the walls inside your garage. In addition, make an attempt to remove any items which are stored against the perimeter of the premises.
A licensed technician is going to arrive on your property at the planned time. He or she will explore your concerns as well as specific locations where you may be worried about or have actually noticed signs and symptoms of wood destruction. The inspector also will tell you what’s involved in the inspection.
The inspector will check both interior and exterior of the buildings. For example the attic, patios, porches, garage as well as the places underneath the floor of the living space. Furthermore watch out for water leaks inside the house. An inspection can take in excess of an hour to perform. We check to find dead insects. We also detect ones that are still living along with termite pellets, termite wings, and also termite tubes.
Approximately a week following the inspection is done, we will send you an in-depth report that describes what we located. We explain whether termite movement was discovered and where it was found. We shall also provide you with detailed recommendations for treatment or restoration. We will also provide you with a time-frame for when those recommendations must be implemented.
Warning signs of infestation – how do I know whether I have termites in Carefree?
Most of the time you will not be aware that you have a termite infestation. They’re referred to as hidden invaders for a very good explanation -there may be almost nothing visible to the untrained eye indicating that the framework is under attack. Nevertheless, if you check closely, you might notice some signs that a community has taken up residence inside your house.
Termite Damage Signs
Termites do leave many different signs of their activity, and with thorough inspections you could be able to tell if you have an infestation and catch it before way too much damage is done. Wings on windowsills or flying termites in your home absolutely are reason for alarm. Wood damage could be an identifying indication of a termite problem. If you find and / or break open a piece of wood and it is honeycombed or possibly carved out, the destruction was probably due to termites. You can probe suspect wood using a ice pick or maybe a flat-blade screw driver to find out whether it’s been hollowed.
Severely damaged wood seems hollowed out when tapped. Unexplained piles of what looks like it’s coarse granules of sand (that may show up practically anywhere through the home) may very well be termite fecal pellets sifting out from wood members. Mud tubes on walls, along base boards or in crevices and cracks denote termites.
Termites could cause significant devastation in a mere 3 years. That is the reason recommend termite inspections for your residence and other structures on your property each and every 2-3 years. Termite treatment is crucial to alleviating structural damage. However, the only way to know when you have termites is to inspect for them. Professional inspection by Rid a Bird Pest and Termite Control is your most effective way to detect and prevent termites, and to get rid of them should you have them.
How to proceed should you have termites?
Effective termite treatment methods are based upon the location and extent of the problem, the type of pest, and also the construction of the structure. Our inspectors evaluate every single infestation individually and make proper recommendation for a comprehensive treatment solution that effectively controls that termite populace.
We will not sell you a predetermined product or solution – in the same way if you went to a health care provider. We exclusively recommend the methods have been proven to effectively eliminate the exact circumstances associated with your structure, protecting your home or business. If wood damage is found, we will also make recommendations for repairs as a result of these harmful insects.
Here are some ideas in order to keep your house termite-free:
- At least once every 6 months inspect the areas around your water system. Note and repair and leak issues.
- At least once yearly inspect your concrete block and fill all cracks.
- Do not let water to get on stucco or wood house siding whenever watering your yard or garden.
- Gutters and downspouts should be maintained in good repair.
- Foundation air vents have to be kept completely exposed; cut bushes when necessary.
- Moisture shouldn’t be allowed to accumulate around your residence close to the foundation.
- Remove any wood or foam board left in place after any building takes place.
- Old tree stumps and roots around and under the building ought to be removed.
- Wood being exposed to soil is known as a leading termite entry way – leave an 18-inch gap in between your soil and wood and look for this distance every year.
- Repair any cracked roof tiles and roofing shingles as rapidly as is feasible – damaged tiles and roofing shingles create dampness traps which attracts termites and can provide a gateway to the inside.
- Search for dampness in your roof and attic space and dehumidify if you have a problem
- Ensure that the moisture release of air conditioning units is located away from your home?s foundation
- Don?t allow puddles to sit. Check for condensation and other moisture build-ups around air conditioner units.
Here are additional ideas in order to keep your house termite-free:
- Use plastic boxes to store items in the attic.
- Carry out regular inspections in your living areas for termite activity
- When building a new home be sure that a professional lays down a termite barrier which can last up to 5 years
- Check for termite damage on skirting boards by pressing your thumb firmly against the skirting board.
- When appropriate, use items made of other materials such as metal for home furniture.
- Put wooden furniture out in the sun if you find signs of termites.
- Keep laundry off the ground and away from walls
- In your garage and basement, keep storage units away from walls
- Use metal shelves instead of wood if appropriate for your home
- Make sure windows and doors in your home are kept shut during swarming season
- Regularly inspect your cupboards for termite activity. If you are worried, call professional pest specialists.
- Remove old tree stumps from your garden
- Use mulch made from other materials such as gravel, plastic, and rubber
- Leave a gap between the mulch and the foundations of your home
- Use termite-resistant or treated fence and deck posts
- Replace wooden fence posts with ones made from metal and rock
- If you live in an area prone to termite activity opt for an alternative garden feature to decking.
- Store wood elevated off the ground and away from your home.
*Termite inspection and removal from pest control termite control in Carefree AZ
You may have noticed that many of these termite prevention tips involve carrying out regular inspections for termites. In doing so you are creating a proactive method in keeping your home safe from these wood boring insects. A termite exterminator will be able to correctly inspect a property for termites and identify any issues as well as recommending the correct course of termite control options. An annual termite inspection will help ensure your property is protected against the potential for termites to much their way through your home.
If you suspect termites and you need pest control termite control in Carefree AZ, call in the professionals quickly by dialing 623-587-0125 as soon as possible. The longer you wait the more damage that will need to be repaired and the significantly higher the cost. Small, localized infestations can many times simply be removed and treated by a qualified person. Rid a Bird Pest and Termite Control can be trusted for all your pest and termite extermination needs.