Need help for pest control or termite control in Anthem AZ right away? Click to call us at 623-587-0125!
What kind of termites might I have that require pest control or termite control in Anthem? Read More:
Subterranean termites are in the majority of recognizable termites that we find throughout businesses and homes that require Pest Control and Termite Control in Anthem AZ. Also, they are the most destructive termite out of all the termite varieties you’ll find throughout Anthem and much of Arizona. They are extremely mobile, constructing very small, light brown mud tubes to move through from the land directly into structural wood material.
Subterranean termites produce the mud tube channels to go inside the ground right through to nutrient sources. After progressing to these supplies, they make use of their exceptionally powerful scissor-like jawsthey use to chew through wood material twenty-four hours a day each and every day – seven days a week. Did you know that termites don’t sleep? That’s exactly why they are continuously on the go, especially throughout their busy periods.
So why do they eat wood making it necessary for termite treatment in Anthem AZ? Merely because the wood’s cellulose is their food. Underground termites swarm during springtime and during monsoon season, as reproductive termites kick off new colonies. Desert subterranean termites’ colonies may well be as many as two million strong and can live deep inside the soil.
Termites can tunnel 100’s of feet to search out food resources, and they just need a 1/32 inch crack in concrete in order to gain entry easily into residences. At times you can view termite tubes on foundation concrete, suspending out of ceilings, on walls, or perhaps “swarming” around your premises.
In cases where you’ve seen any of those indications at your home or business, it’s time for you to contact your experienced and trusted pest control experts at Rid A Bird Pest and Termite Control, at 623-587-0125. Get your termite information right away, from the industry professionals that are in the know.
Termites are unquestionably most active in the spring and during monsoon season. Our company’s termite evaluation and treatment schedule books up quickly during these times so if you suspect a termite problem or simply prefer to be secure and protected and get checked out, please be sure to get in touch as soon as possible.
Termites are soundless home wreckers that essentially eat away at wooden houses. They may cause more emotional and monetary destruction than any other pest. The harm is carried out quietly and quickly. Therefore you will need Pest Control and Termite Control in Anthem AZ when you see signs of termites or the damage they cause.
Because wood is their nutrition, they are able to very easily damage your house. They will chew through woodworking, hardwood floors, and even wall paper and other objects produced from paper or wood material. Termites cause more than 5 BILLION dollars in destruction within the United States every year.
Rid a Bird Pest and Termite Control helps protect your home that results from termite damage by providing pest control and termite control in Anthem, AZ. By administering termite examinations for our termite customers, we prevent subterranean termites from destroying your home. Our termite treatment options are customized for your home. We guarantee our termite control throughout the Anthem area and beyond.
Conditions Resulting in Termite Problems in Anthem AZ
- Direct wood to earth contact with any part of your residence.
- Incorrect grade directing water toward the foundation.
- No ACTIVE Termite BARRIER, or termite pre-treat before building.
- Foundation Cracks.
- Trees or Bushes coming in contact with your home.
If any of these conditions are present relating to your property, such as exposed wood contacting earth anyplace outside your household, there’s a rather high associated risk with regards to termite access. Affected wood sounds dull when knocked with a screwdriver or hammer. However, to prevent possible injury to your home, be sure you don’t bang holes in your walls. We will find out about termite troubles without resulting in harm to your residence. Call Rid a Bird Pest and Termite Control for effective pest control termite control Anthem AZ at 623-587-0125
Quality termite treatments need a proper time schedule to be effective. To have effective pest control and termite control in Anthem AZ, we have to treat underground & close to your foundation. Above ground applications have no effects on Subterranean termites within their protective mud tubes & underground colonies. Every home and termite infestation is unique. Therefore we individualize your termite treatment to meet your needs. This includes:
- Preventive Control
- Total Household Corrective Control
- Renewable Termite Control WARRANTIES
Subterranean Termite Treatments include trenching all-around the structure, drilling through concrete whenever necessary, and inner wall treatments when essential. Our Termite pro’s will drill through EXPANSION JOINTS, if at all possible. This can save property owners from the look of drilled concrete. Price ranges for Termite Management Treatments are assessed on linear footage, & concrete drilling requirements.
Virtually all homes in the Phoenix AZ area are pre-treated for Termites ahead of when the concrete floor foundation is poured. Termite pre-treats can last for up to 5 years. Since subterranean termites are incredibly prevalent in our Phoenix area valley, we recommend a preventative termite assessment every 2-3 years and then control treatment every 3-5 years thereafter.
Termite Species Living in Anthem AZ
Most termites located in our Arizona Desert are Subterranean Termites. These types of termite dwell in huge colonies as deep as 50 feet underground.
Subterranean Termites emerge from the ground looking for cellulose contained in the wood products of your house to feast upon. Our native variety is Heterotermes. These subterranean Termites are native to our region and thrive in the dry desert that we are located in. They usually swarm through our monsoon season mostly following the heavy rains.
This particular species builds common mud tubes that you may see in your yard. They are tiny, strong, and airtight! Subterranean termites nest in areas with greater moisture content. They also next beneath cement foundations due to the ability to preserve moisture. Because these termites are so incredibly small, they can get into houses through extremely small cracks inside concrete and expansion joints!
Home owners normally call us for termite control whenever they find mud tubes going up a foundation, poking through a wall, as well as whenever they see flying termites “swarming” around their home.
Desert Landscape Termites
In the Arizona desert, we experience the “Desert Termite” (Gnathamitermes & Wheeler Termites).
This particular type of Termite doesn’t generally invade houses and cause harm. “Desert Termites” primarily feed on lumber, and vegetation outside the house. After having a good rain or perhaps irrigating, “Desert Termites” produce mud tubes that can wholly cover expended plants and also wood materials. Desert Termites also leave sheets of mud attached to Palm Trees, Cactus, and also sections of lumber touching the ground.
These Termites are definitely not as frequent in the Phoenix Arizona valley; however they are an occasional problem. They are primarily found in the central corridor of Phoenix.
Light Western Drywood Termites can be located within the Sonora Desert below 4000 ft altitude. Drywood Termites live Inside the wood they infest and are rarely seen. These drywood termites do not live in the ground but inside your home.
Indications Of Drywood Termites
Drywood termites discharge piles of fecal pellets from nests out of very small holes. (After you’ve purged the fecal pellets away, the straw shaded pellets will build up all over again.)
- Swarmers are red
- Little holes, around 1mm in diameter
- Piles of little wings
Conducive Circumstances for Termite Infestations that require Pest Control and Termite Control in Anthem AZ
- Moisture inside the dirt around the foundation as well as in the home itself.
- Direct lumber to earth contact. NO part of your home should have direct contact with the earth and your dwelling.
- Defective grade draining water toward your foundation, instead of away from the home.
- Trees & bushes too close or touching the home or business office. Vines, Shrubs, and other plant life should not grow on or up against your home or exterior siding because doing so draws in wetness, attracts harmful termites, hinders pest checkups, and contributes to wood decay.
- No active Termite barrier. This can be the lack of a termite pre-treat before construction, or just an older home that really needs a new Termite Control Application. This does not show on our reports.
- Cracks in the foundation. They do not display on a termite report, nevertheless can provide sufficient access for termites straight into a structure.
- Wood Debris and MULCH – Mulch is ideal for plants and landscaping but can easily cause problems with termites. Termites love damp wood and cellulose containing products in mulch. Often times they will likely forage these places. If you use mulch, ensure that it stays down to 2-3 inches thick and do not set it together with your foundation. Mulch must definitely not have contact with stucco house siding, the foundation, siding, home windows or entry doors. Any wood dust in the soil can entice termites to the food supply. Concrete form planks, tree and bush stumps, scrap wood, fire wood, landscape timbers even cardboard boxes as well as newspaper appeal to foraging termites.
Termites continually eat wood and never fatten up!
One of the most destructive monster communities that experts claim never rests. So, is this a subject for the newest terror movie? No, it really is the most suitable detailed description of the actual menace in which harmful termites can be, in the event that they take up residence at your residence or business.
With some native species having up to of 2 million individuals inside an individual colony, termites cause over $5 billion in damages to property every single calendar year. Termites can feed on lumber internally and therefore may be undiscovered in uncovered wood simply because often the outside area is allowed to remain intact while the inside is eaten to shreds! Most certainly, termite destruction in as well as around your residence is of utmost importance.
Protecting Your Home from Termites
The first considerations to protecting your residence from harmful termites include education regarding proper protection. You should also have a professional check up every 2-3 years. Without frequent home inspections, termites are going to be much more difficult to control. Your house may become assaulted by termites without notice, and those infestations could be undiscovered for a long time. They’re able to remain hidden behind walls, floor coverings, insulation as well as obstructions.
The technical phrase for a termite inspection is WDIIR (Wood Destroying Insect Inspection Reports) Inspection. Most individuals call it a termite inspection, but it also includes those things that might attack the structural condition of any building: timber borers, carpenter ants, carpenter bees, fungus, and dry rot. The termite examination also highlights any favorable conditions – areas of the structure that, if they aren’t remedied, probably will entice termites, and virtually all the rest.
The most worrying and scary thing about termites is this: many times, there is no apparent indication to the untrained eye that your particular building can be infested or susceptible. Rid A Bird’s Termite Inspection specialists completely examine the building and identify wood destroying pests and organisms, pinpoint the source of any infestations, and then make any important recommendations for repair. Having a termite assessment can often mean the difference in finding and catching already present problems early, before they get enough time to become significantly more severe.
This is what you can expect to take place during a full Wood Destroying Insect Inspection Report assessment:
To make the whole process quicker and much less intrusive to your time schedule, remove anything that might be laying up against the walls within your garage. Also, try to remove any items that are stored against the perimeter of the premises.
A licensed technician is going to arrive at your property at the appointed time and talk over your concerns and any specific locations which you happen to be concerned about or already have found symptoms of wood devastation. The inspector also will let you know what is involved in the inspection.
The inspector will investigate both the interior and exterior of the buildings. For example, the attic space, outdoor patios, porches, garage area and the places below the floor of the living space. Additionally, we look for water leaks inside your home. An inspection might take in excess of an hour to perform. We check for dead insects as well as those that are living, termite pellets, termite wings, along with termite tubes.
About a week following the inspection is finished, we will send you a complete report that explains what we noticed. We explain whether termite movement was discovered and exactly where it was found. We shall also provide you with detailed recommendations for treatment or restoration, along with a time period for those recommendations that must be implemented.
Signs of infestation – ways to determine if I have termites?
More often than not you will not realize that you have a termite invasion. They are referred to as hidden invaders for a great reason -there may be almost nothing visible to the untrained eye suggesting that a framework is under invasion. Nevertheless, if you check very closely, you might notice some indications that a community has taken up residence inside your structure.
Termites do leave a variety of warning signs of their activity, and with diligent inspections you might be able to tell if you have an infestation and even catch it before very much damage is done. Wings on windowsills or flying termites in your home certainly are reason for alarm. Wood damage could be an identifying indication of a termite attack. If you find or break open a piece of wood and it is honeycombed or possibly carved out, the destruction was most likely a result of termites. You can probe suspect wood by using a ice pick or possibly a flat-blade screwdriver to determine if it’s been hollowed.
Severely damaged wood may sound hollow when tapped. Unexplained piles of what appears to be like coarse granules of sand (that may show up practically anywhere through the structure) may actually be termite fecal pellets sifting out of wood members. Mud tubes on walls, along baseboards or perhaps in crevices and cracks indicate termites.
Termites could potentially cause substantive damage in only 3 years, which is the reason recommend termite inspections for your residence along with other structures on your property each and every 2-3 years. Termite elimination is crucial to mitigating physical damage, but the only way to know if you have termites is to inspect for them. Professional inspection by Rid a Bird Pest and Termite Control will be your best way to prevent termites, and to get rid of them when you have them.
What to do should you have termites in Anthem AZ?
Effectual termite treatment is based upon the location and degree of the problem, the type of pest, and also the construction of the building. Our inspectors evaluate every single infestation individually and make appropriate recommendation for an intense treatment solution that effectively controls that termite populace.
We will never sell you a predetermined product or solution for Pest Control or Termite Control in Anthem AZ – in the same way if you went to a health care provider. We exclusively recommend the methods have been shown to effectively eliminate the exact problems connected with your structure, protecting your home or business. If wood damage is located, we can also make recommendations for repairs brought on by these harmful pests.
Here are some tips to help keep your house termite-free:
- At least one time each and every 6 months examine the areas around your water lines. Observe and repair and leak issues.
- At least once each year examine your concrete block and fill any cracks.
- Never allow water to get on stucco or wood siding whenever watering your lawn or garden.
- Gutters and also downspouts need to be kept in good repair.
- Foundation air vents should be kept fully exposed; clip shrubs when needed.
- Moisture must not be permitted to gather around your house close to the foundation.
- Remove any wood or foam board left in place after any building takes place.
- Old tree stumps and roots around and beneath the building need to be removed.
- Wood touching soil is a prime termite entry way – keep an 18-inch gap between the soil and wood and look for this gap annually.
- Repair any damaged roof tiles and asphalt shingles as quickly as possible – broken roof tiles and shingles produce moisture traps which attracts termites and can provide a path to the inside.
- Check for dampness in your roof and attic and dehumidify if you find a problem
- Ensure that the moisture release of air conditioning units is located away from your home’s foundation
- Don’t allow puddles to sit. Check for condensation and other moisture build-ups around air conditioner units.
- Use plastic boxes to store items in the attic.
- Carry out regular inspections in your living areas for termite activity
- When building a new home be sure that a professional lays down a termite barrier which can last up to 5 years
- Check for termite damage on skirting boards by pressing your thumb firmly against the skirting board.
- When appropriate, use items made of other materials such as metal for home furniture.
Additional Ideas to Help Prevent Termites
- Put wooden furniture out in the sun if you find signs of termites.
- Keep laundry off the ground and away from walls
- In your garage and basement, keep storage units away from walls
- Use metal shelves instead of wood if appropriate for your home
- Make sure windows and doors in your home are kept shut during swarming season
- Regularly inspect your cupboards for termite activity. If you are worried, call Rid A Bird Pest and Termite Control, the professional pest specialists.
- Remove old tree stumps from your garden
- Use mulch made from other materials such as gravel, plastic, and rubber
- Leave a gap between the mulch and the foundations of your home
- Use termite-resistant or treated fence and deck posts
- Replace wooden fence posts with ones made from metal and rock
- If you live in an area prone to termite activity opt for an alternative garden feature to decking.
- Store wood elevated off the ground and away from your home.
*Termite inspection and removal for Pest Control or Termite Control in Anthem AZ
You may have noticed that many of these termite prevention tips involve carrying out regular inspections for termites. In doing so you are creating a proactive method in keeping your home safe from these wood boring insects. A termite exterminator will be able to correctly inspect a property for termites and identify any issues as well as recommending the correct course of termite control options. An annual termite inspection will help ensure your property is protected against the potential for termites to much their way through your home.
Do you suspect termites? You need pest control termite control in Anthem AZ! Call in the professionals quickly by dialing 623-587-0125 as soon as possible. The longer you wait the more damage that will need to be repaired. Also the cost will be significantly higher. Small, localized infestations can many times simply be removed or treated by a qualified person. Rid a Bird Pest and Termite Control can be trusted for all your pest and termite extermination needs. Please use our contact form if you would like to email us immediately.