Worried about termites? Call us at 623-587-0125!
What kind of termites might I have that would cause the need for termite control in Avondale AZ?
Underground termites are definitely the most common termite that we see in businesses and homes. They have also been by far the most damaging termite out of all the termite types you’ll find here in Avondale along with much of Arizona. Termites are quite ambulant!. They build little, light tan mud tubes to go through from the soil straight into the structural wood.
Subterranean termites generate the mud tube channels in order to make their way through the ground right through to food supplies. After arriving at these sources, they utilize their incredibly strong scissor-like jaws they use to be able to chew through wood. They do this twenty-four hrs each and every day – 7 days a week.
Are you aware that termites don’t go to sleep? That’s the reason why they’re constantly busy, and in particular during their busy seasons. So why do they eat wood? Because the wood’s cellulose is their food. Subterranean termites swarm during spring and monsoon season, as reproductive termites kick off new colonies.
Desert subterranean termites’ colonies can be up to two million strong and dwell deep within the ground. Termites may very well tunnel 100’s of ft to find food sources. They just need a 1/32″ crack to acquire entrance through concrete into living spaces. From time to time you can see termite tubes on foundation cement, suspending out of ceilings or on wall structures. They may also be “swarming” around your property.
In case you’ve viewed any of these symptoms, it’s time without delay to phone us at 623-587-0125. Get your termite info right now from the industry professionals that know.
Termites are typically most active in the springtime as well as after monsoon season. Our company’s termite evaluation and treatment calendar books up quickly during these times. In case you suspect a termite condition or prefer to be safe and get inspected, please be sure to contact us as soon as possible. Termites are silent home wreckers that unquestionably eat away at wood dwellings. They can contribute to more emotional and financial damage in comparison with any other unwanted pests. The damage is executed silently and rapidly.
Since wood is their food, they are able to easily devastate your house. They chew through wood and flooring. They can even eat wall paper and other physical objects made of paper or wood, including books. Termites cause more than five BILLION dollars in destruction throughout the United States year after year.
Rid A Bird Pest and Termite Control helps safeguard your home from termite devastation. By providing termite investigations for all of our termite clients we prevent subterranean termites from damaging your home. Our termite treatment methods are customized for your home. We warranty our termite control throughout Avondale AZ area as well as beyond.
Conditions Contributing to Termite Problems in Avondale AZ
- Direct wood to earth contact with any part of your house.
- Faulty grade directing water in the direction of the foundation.
- No ACTIVE Termite Shield, or termite pre-treat before construction.
- Foundation Cracks.
- Trees or Bushes touching your residence.
If any of these conditions exist relating to your property in Avondale, including wood contacting soil anywhere outside your house, there is a very high associated risk with regards to termite access. Compromised wood sounds dull when tapped with a screw driver or hammer. However, to circumvent possible harm to your home, be sure you don’t beat holes in the wall surfaces. We will discover termite troubles without the need for creating harm to your home. Phone Rid a Bird Pest and Termite Control at 623-587-0125.
Avondale AZ Termite Treatments
Quality termite treatments require a proper time program to be effective. To deal with termites within the Avondale area, we have to treat underground & around your foundation. Above ground solutions have no effect on Termites in their protective mud tubes & underground colonies. Every home and termite infestation is unique, so we customize your own termite treatment method to meet your needs. This includes:
- Preventative Control
- Full Household Corrective Management
- Renewable Termite Control WARRANTIES
Subterranean Termite Treatments include trenching all-around the structure, drilling through concrete whenever necessary, as well as inner wall treatments when necessary. Our Termite pro’s will drill through EXPANSION JOINTS, if at all possible, in order to save homeowners from the appearance of drilled concrete. Prices for Termite Control Treatments are calculated on linear footage, & concrete drilling requirements.
The majority of homes in the Phoenix AZ area are pre-treated for Termites prior to when the concrete foundation is poured. Termite pre-treats may last for up to five years. Considering that subterranean termites are incredibly prevalent in our Phoenix area valley, we advise a preventive termite inspection every 2-3 years and then control treatment every 3-5 years after that.
Termite Species in Avondale AZ
Most termites discovered in our Arizona Desert are Subterranean Termites. These types of termites live within vast colonies as deep as fifty feet underground.
Subterranean Termites come out of the ground looking for cellulose in the wood products of your home to feast upon. Our indigenous species is Heterotermes. These underground termites are indigenous to our locale. They thrive in the dry desert in which we are located in. This species of termite usually swarm during our monsoon season, mostly after the heavy rains.
This particular species builds common mud tubes that you may possibly see on your lawn. They are tiny, strong, and airtight! Subterranean termites nest in spaces with higher moisture content and also beneath concrete foundations because of the capacity to hold on to moisture. For the reason that these kinds of harmful termites are so very small, they can attack houses through extremely small cracks inside concrete and expansion joints! Homeowners usually call us for termite control whenever they come across mud tubes going up a foundation, poking through a wall structure, as well as when they see flying termites “swarming” around their home.
Desert Landscape Termites
In the Arizona desert, we have the “Desert Termite” (Gnathamitermes & Wheeler Termites).
This particular Termite doesn’t usually invade homes and cause harm. “Desert Termites” typically feed on lumber, and vegetation . outside. After having a really good rain or perhaps watering, “Desert Termites” build mud tubes which can totally cover dead vegetation as well as wood materials. Desert Termites also leave sheets of mud attached to Palm Trees, Cactus, and sections of lumber in contact with the ground.
These Termites are definitely not as prevalent in Avondale and the rest of the valley, but they are an occasional concern.
Light Western Drywood Termites can be encountered within the Sonora Desert BELOW 4000 ft elevation. Drywood Termites reside Inside of the wood they infest and are scarcely seen.
Indications Of Drywood Termites
Drywood termites expel heaps of fecal pellets from nests out of minute holes. (After you’ve cleaned out the fecal pellets away, the straw shaded pellets will certainly build up once again.)
- Swarmers are generally red
- Little holes, around 1mm in diameter
- Piles of little wings
Conducive Circumstances for Termite Infestations in Avondale AZ
- Moisture inside the soil around the foundation as well as in the home itself.
- Direct exposed wood to earth contact. Absolutely no portion of your residence should have direct contact with the earth as well as your residential home.
- Flawed grade draining water in the direction of your foundation, instead of away from the house.
- Trees & bushes too close or in contact with the home or office. Vines, Shrubs, and other vegetation should Absolutely not grow on or against your residential home or home siding because doing so draws in moisture, appeals to termites, inhibits pest home inspections, and adds to wood decomposition.
- No ACTIVE Termite BARRIER. This can be the absence of a termite pre-treat prior to construction, of merely an older residence that really needs a new Termite Control Application. This does not display on report.
- Cracks in the foundation. They do not reveal on a termite report, nevertheless can present ample entry for termites straight into a structure.
- Wood Debris and MULCH – Mulch is wonderful for plants and landscaping but may cause issues with termites. Termites love damp wood and cellulose containing elements in mulch. Many times they will likely forage these locations. If you use mulch keep it down to 2-3 inches thick and do not set it right next to your foundation. Mulch should not have contact with stucco home siding, the foundation, siding, house windows or exterior doors. Any wood trash within the garden soil can draw in termites to the food supply. Concrete form planks, tree and bush stumps, garbage wood and fireplace wood are all food for termites. Landscape timbers and even cardboard boxes boxes and newspaper also appeal to foraging termites.
Termites constantly eat wood and never fatten up!
Likely the most disastrous monster community that experts claim never ever sleeps. So is this a subject for the most current scary motion picture? No, but it’s the most appropriate detailed description of the actual menace that termites can become when they take up residence within your home or business. Due to some localized types possessing up to of 2 million workers in a single colony, termites cause over $5 billion in damage to property every year. Termites can consume lumber from within and consequently may be undetected in exposed wood because often the exterior area is still left undamaged despite the fact that the inside is eaten to shreds! Undoubtedly, termite annihilation in and around your residence is of greatest importance.
The important factors to protecting your house from harmful termites include knowledge on proper protection along with a professional examination every 2-3 years. Without routine inspections, termites will be significantly more challenging to control. Your home could become assaulted by termites with no warning, and those infestations may be undiscovered for years. They may remain hidden behind walls, carpeting and rugs, insulation and other obstructions.
The technical phrase to have a termite inspection is WDIIR (Wood Destroying Insect Inspection Reports) Inspection. Almost all people refer to it as a termite inspection, but it additionally includes those things that could possibly attack the structural values of any building: timber borers, carpenter ants, and carpenter bees. The pest inspection also clearly shows any favorable conditions – aspects of the structure that, in case they aren’t remedied, are likely to draw in termites, and all the rest.
One of the most worrying and scary thing about termites is as follows: more often than not, there is no apparent sign to the untrained eye that your particular structure might be infested or susceptible. Rid A Bird’s Termite Inspection specialists completely examine the home and identify wood destroying pests and organisms, establish the source of any pest infestations, and generate any important recommendations for restoration. Getting a termite inspection could mean the real difference with regard to locating already present conditions as soon as possible, before they get an opportunity to become much more severe.
This is what you should expect to happen throughout a complete Wood Destroying Insect Inspection Report assessment:
To help make the process easier and much less invasive towards your time schedule, if possible take away anything that might be laying up against the walls in the garage. In addition, make an attempt to take away any things that are stored against the perimeter of the premises.
A licensed inspector is going to arrive at your property at the scheduled time and discuss your issues and any specific locations which you may be worried about or already have found the signs of wood damage. The inspector also will tell you about exactly what is involved in the inspection.
The inspector will examine both outside and inside of the residence. For example the attic space, patio areas, porches, garage area along with the places underneath the floor of the liveable space. Additionally we look for water leaking within your house. An inspection can take in excess of an hour to complete. We search for dead insects in addition to those that are still living, termite pellets, termite wings, along with termite tubes.
About a week following your inspection is done, we will send a comprehensive report that describes what we observed. We explain whether termite movement was discovered and exactly where it was located. We will also supply detailed recommendations for treatment or restoration, along with a time period for those strategies to be implemented.
Signs of infestation – how do I determine if I have termites?
Quite often you simply won’t realize that you’ve got a termite problem. They’re called hidden invaders for a very good reason -there may be practically nothing obvious to the untrained eye suggesting that the building is under assault. Even so, if you check closely, you may notice some warning signs that a community has taken up residence within your building.
Termites do leave a range of indications of their presence, and with diligent inspections you might be in the position to determine if you’ve got an infestation and catch it before too much damage is done. Wings on windowsills or flying termites at your residence certainly are cause for alarm. Wood damage may well be an identifying sign of a termite attack. If you discover and break open a piece of wood and it’s honeycombed or perhaps carved out, the destruction was probably a result of termites. You can probe suspect wood by using an ice pick or flat-blade screw driver to find out whether it has been hollowed.
Severely damaged wood may appear hollow when tapped. Unexplained piles of what looks like it’s coarse granules of sand (that may appear practically anywhere through the home) may possibly be termite fecal pellets sifting out from wood members. Mud tubes on walls, along base board or in cracks and crevices indicate termites.
Termites could potentially cause substantive devastation in just 3 years. This is exactly the reason recommend termite inspections for your house and other structures on your property each and every 2-3 years. Termite removal is crucial to alleviating structural damage, nevertheless the only way to know if you have termites is to inspect for them. Professional inspection by Rid a Bird Pest and Termite Control is your most effective way to prevent termites. We can get rid of them even if you have them.
How to proceed should you have termites in Avondale AZ?
Effective termite treatment is dependent upon the location and degree of the infestation, the variety of insect, and the construction of the structure. Our inspectors evaluate each infestation individually. They then make suitable recommendation for an intense plan that effectively treats the termite populace.
We won’t sell you a predetermined product or solution – just as if you went to a doctor. We only recommend the methods have been proven to effectively eliminate the exact circumstances linked with your structure, protecting your house or business. If wood damage is located, we will also make recommendations for repairs as a result of these harmful pests.
Below are great tips in order to keep your house termite-free:
- At least one time each and every 6 months examine the areas around your pipes. Observe and repair and leak issues.
- At least once annually inspect your concrete block and fill all cracks.
- Do not allow water to get on stucco or wood home siding when watering your yard or garden.
- Gutters and also downspouts should be kept in good repair.
- Foundation air vents need to be kept fully exposed; prune shrubbery when needed.
- Moisture must not be allowed to build up around your dwelling nearby the foundation.
- Remove any wood or foam board left in place after any construction occurs.
- Old tree stumps and roots around and below the building should be removed.
- Wood being exposed to soil is really a prime termite entry point – keep an 18-inch gap between soil and wood and look for this gap each year.
- Repair any cracked roofing tiles and shingles as rapidly as possible – shattered roof tiles and roofing shingles create dampness traps which attracts termites and can provide a path to the inside.
- Look for dampness in your roof and attic space and dehumidify if you discover a problem
- Ensure that the moisture release of air conditioning units is located away from your home?s foundation
- Don?t allow puddles to sit. Search for condensation and other moisture build-ups around air conditioner units.
Here are some additional tips to help prevent termites:
- Use plastic boxes to store items in the attic.
- Carry out regular inspections in your living areas for termite activity
- When building a new home be sure that a professional lays down a termite barrier which can last up to 5 years
- Check for termite damage on skirting boards by pressing your thumb firmly against the skirting board.
- When appropriate, use items made of other materials such as metal for home furniture.
- Put wooden furniture out in the sun if you find signs of termites.
- Keep laundry off the ground and away from walls
- In your garage and basement, keep storage units away from walls
- Use metal shelves instead of wood if appropriate for your home
- Make sure windows and doors in your home are kept shut during swarming season
- Regularly inspect your cupboards for termite activity. If you are worried, call professional pest specialists.
- Remove old tree stumps from your garden
- Use mulch made from other materials such as gravel, plastic, and rubber
- Leave a gap between the mulch and the foundations of your home
- Use termite-resistant or treated fence and deck posts
- Replace wooden fence posts with ones made from metal and rock
- If you live in an area prone to termite activity opt for an alternative garden feature to decking.
- Store wood elevated off the ground and away from your home.
*Termite inspection and removal
You may have noticed that many of these termite prevention tips involve carrying out regular inspections for termites. In doing so you are creating a proactive method in keeping your home safe from these wood boring insects. A termite exterminator will be able to correctly inspect a property for termites. The inspector can also identify any issues and recommend the correct course of termite control options. An annual termite inspection will help ensure your property is protected against the potential for termites to much their way through your home.
If you suspect termites and are looking for pest control termite control in Avondale AZ, call in the professionals quickly by dialing 623-587-0125 as soon as possible. The longer you wait the more damage that will need to be repaired and the significantly higher the cost. Small, localized infestations can many times simply be removed and treated by a qualified person. Rid a Bird Pest and Termite Control can be trusted for all your pest and termite extermination needs. Please use our contact form if you would like to email us immediately.
Would you like to read more about termites and how they work? Check out the Wiki article.