Need pest control termite control in Litchfield Park AZ right away? Call us at 623-587-0125.
What kind of termites might I have?
We see Subterranean termites among the majority of termite varieties throughout homes and businesses that require pest control or termite control in Litchfield Park AZ. Additionally, they are by far the most detrimental termite of all the termite types we have within Litchfield Park and much of Arizona.
Termites are very mobile and build small, light tan mud tubes to travel through by way of the earth straight into structural wood material. Subterranean termites establish mud tube channels to move from the soil to food sources. After getting into those sources, their especially strong scissor-like mandibles gnaw through lumber and other wood products twenty-four hours a day, every single day – seven days a week.
Termite Habits in Litchfield Park AZ
Are you aware that termites don’t sleep? Termites are continually on the go, especially during their active periods. Why do they eat wood? Merely because the wood’s cellulose is their food. Subterranean termites swarm during springtime and also monsoon season, as reproductive termites kick off new colonies.
Desert subterranean termites’ colonies can become up to two million strong and dwell deep inside the ground. Termites may tunnel 100’s of feet to locate food supplies, and they merely need a 1/32″ crack in order to gain access through concrete straight into people’s homes.
Now and again you may be able to view termite capsules on foundation concrete, suspending out of ceilings, on walls, or perhaps “swarming” around your premises. In case you’ve seen any one of these symptoms, it’s the perfect time to call us for pest control termite control in Litchfield Park AZ at 623-587-0125. Get the termite info you need right away, coming from professional people that know.
Termites are typically most lively in the spring as well as after monsoon season. Our termite inspection and treatment solution schedule books up very quickly during these periods. If you suspect a termite issue or just would like to be safe and get checked out, be sure to get in touch as soon as possible. For pest control termite control in Litchfield Park AZ call 623-587-0125 to schedule your appointment today.
Termites are noiseless dwelling wreckers that essentially eat away at lumber dwellings. Their actions may result in more psychological and monetary destruction in comparison with any other infestation. The devastation is usually carried out quietly and swiftly. Since wood is their nutrition, they’re able to quickly and easily damage your building as they eat through woodworking and flooring. They will also make their way through and destroy wall paper and other valuables manufactured from paper or wood. Termite damages are estimated to be greater than 5 BILLION dollars throughout the United States annually. This causes a great need for pest control and termite control in Litchfield Park AZ.
Rid A Bird Pest and Termite Control can help protect your home from termite damage. We supply termite investigations for our termite customers and therefore can prevent subterranean termites from damaging your possessions. Our termite treatments get tailored for your specific situation. We warranty our termite control in Phoenix metro area as well as beyond.
Conditions Resulting in Termite Issues
- Direct wood to earth exposure with any part of your home.
- Faulty grade directing water in the direction of the foundation.
- No ACTIVE Termite BARRIER, or termite pre-treat before house construction.
- Foundation Cracks.
- Trees or Bushes coming in contact with your house.
If any of these types of conditions present themselves on your property, termite could enter your home or business. Damaged wood sounds dull when tapped with a screwdriver or mallet. However, in order to avoid possible damage to your house, please don’t beat holes in the walls. We will detect termite issues without any resulting in destruction to your house. Phone Rid A Bird at 623-587-0125 today!
Termite Treatments in Litchfield Park AZ
Quality termite treatments need a proper time schedule to get effective and proper results. To deal with termites in the Litchfield Park AZ area, we must address underground & close to your foundation. Above ground applications have no influence on harmful termites inside their protective mud tubes & subterranean colonies. Every home and termite infestation is unique. Therefore we customize your termite treatment solution to meet your needs. This includes:
- Preventive Control
- Total Residence Corrective Management
- Renewable Termite Control WARRANTIES
Subterranean Termite Treatments include trenching around the structure, drilling into concrete when needed, as well as inner wall treatments when required. Our Termite pro’s will drill through EXPANSION JOINTS, if at all possible, in order to save property owners from the appearance of drilled concrete. Prices for Termite Control Treatments get assessed on linear footage, & concrete drilling requirements.
Virtually all homes in the Phoenix AZ area get pre-treated for Termites prior to when the concrete foundation gets poured. Termite pre-treats may last for up to five years. Because subterranean termites are incredibly prevalent in our Phoenix area valley, we advise a preventative termite inspection every 2-3 years and then control treatment every 3-5 years thereafter.
Most termites discovered in our Arizona Desert are Subterranean Termites. These kinds of termites live throughout enormous colonies as deep as 50 ft underground. Subterranean Termites emerge from the ground searching for cellulose in the wood products of your residence to feast on. Our indigenous variety is Heterotermes. These underground Termites are native to our area and do well within the dry desert in which we live in. They usually swarm during our monsoon season mostly right after the heavy rains.
This particular species creates strong and air-tight mud tubes that you might see on your lawn. Subterranean termites nest in areas with greater moisture content as well as beneath concrete foundations due to the capability to preserve moisture. Because these harmful termites are incredibly small, they can get into houses through extremely small cracks inside concrete and expansion joints! Home owners often contact us for termite control whenever they discover mud tubes going up the groundwork, poking through a wall, or whenever they notice flying termites “swarming” around their property.
Desert Landscape Termites
In the Arizona desert, we have the “Desert Termite” (Gnathamitermes & Wheeler Termites).
This kind of Termite doesn’t normally invade houses and cause damage. “Desert Termites” primarily feed on wood, and vegetation outside. Following a good rain or irrigating, “Desert Termites” produce mud tubes that can completely cover lifeless plants as well as wood products. Desert Termites also leave sheets of mud on Palm Trees, Cactus, along with pieces of lumber coming in contact with the ground.
These Termites are not as frequent in the Phoenix Arizona valley, but are an occasional problem.
Light Western Drywood Termites can be found within the Sonora Desert BELOW 4000 feet elevation. Drywood Termites live Inside the wood they infest and are usually rarely seen.
Signs Of Drywood Termites
- Drywood termites discharge heaps of fecal pellets coming from nests out of very little holes. (After you’ve purged the fecal pellets away, the straw colored pellets will certainly build up once more.)
- Swarmers are generally red
- Little holes, roughly 1mm in diameter
- Piles of small wings
Favorable Conditions with regard to Termite Pest infestations
- Moisture within the earth around the foundation as well as in the home itself.
- Direct wood to soil contact. NO part of your residence should have direct contact with round as well as your residential home.
- Flawed grade draining water towards the foundation instead of away from your house.
- Trees & bushes too close or touching the dwelling or office. Vines, Shrubs, and other plant life should Not grow on or up against your dwelling or home siding since it draws in moisture, appeals to termites, inhibits pest inspections, and adds to wood rot.
- No ACTIVE Termite BARRIER. This can be the deficiency of a termite pre-treat before construction, of just an older house that really and new Termite Control Application. This does not reveal on report.
- Cracks in the foundation. They do not display on a termite reporveless can present ample access for termites straight into a structure.
- Wood Debris and MULCH – Mulch is fantastic for plants and landscaping but can certainly cause issues with termites. Termites love wet wood and cellulose containing materials in mulch. Many times they will likely forage these locations. If you use mulch ensure that it stays down to 2-3 inches thick and do not place it right next to your foundation. Mulch should not have exposure to stucco home siding, the foundation, siding, house windows or doors. Any wood waste in the garden soil can draw in termites to the food supply. Concrete form boards, tree and bush stumps, discarded wood, fireplace wood, landscaping timbers even cardboard boxes and newspaper appeal to foraging termites.
Termites continually eat wood and never fatten up!
By far the most damaging creature colony that never ever rests. Can this be a name for the newest shock video? No, yet it is the best detailed description of the actual menace that harmful termites can be when they take on residence in your house or business. With some localized varieties having up to of 2 million workers located in a single colony, termites cause over $5 billion in damage to property every calendar year. Termites can consume timber from within and for that reason might be undetected in exposed lumber. This is because often the external surface is left intact even though the indoors is actually eaten to shreds! Without doubt, termite annihilation in as well as around your property is of highest importance.
Protecting Your Home from Termite Damage in Litchfield Park AZ
The biggest secret towards protecting your household from subterranean termites is the knowledge on proper protection. Another important aspect to protecting your house is a professional check up every 2-3 years. Without regular examinations, termites will undoubtedly be much more complicated to control. Your dwelling may become assaulted by termites whenever they want. Those infestations can be undetected for a very long time. They may remain hidden behind walls, floor coverings, insulation as well as obstructions.
The technical phrase for a termite inspection is WDIIR (Wood Destroying Insect Inspection Reports) Inspection. Almost all people refer to it as a termite inspection, additionally it includes those things which may attack the structural integrity of any building: timber borers, carpenter ants, carpenter bees, fungus, and dry rot. The termite evaluation also points out any conducive conditions – sections of the structure that, in case they aren’t solved, may very well attract termites, and all the rest.
Probably the most worrying and scary aspect of termites is this: more often than not, you cannot find any obvious sign to the untrained eye that your particular home is actually infested or vulnerable. Rid A Bird’s Termite Inspection specialists carefully examine the home and identify wood damaging pests and organisms, determine the cause of any infestations, and make any important strategies for restoration. Getting a termite assessment can often mean the difference when it comes to discovering already present conditions promptly, before they have the opportunity to become significantly more severe.
Here’s what you should expect to take place throughout a comprehensive Wood Destroying Insect Inspection Report home inspection:
To help make the whole process easier and less invasive towards your time schedule, please take away everything that might be sitting against the wall surfaces in the garage.
Also, make an effort to take away any things which are stored against the perimeter of the premises. A licensed inspector will arrive on to your property at the scheduled time and speak about your issues. He or she will also ask you about specific places where you might be concerned about or may have noticed symptoms of wood devastation. The inspector also will present to you precisely what is involved in the inspection.
The inspector will assess both interior and exterior of the residence. This includes the attic space, decks, porches, garage area and the places under the floor of the liveable space. We also watch out for water leaking in the home. An inspection could take in excess of an hour to complete. We check to find dead insects and also those that are still living, termite pellets, termite wings, and also termite tubes.
Approximately a week after the inspection is finished, we will send you a detailed report that identifies what we discovered. We explain whether termite movement was discovered and exactly where it was discovered. We shall also supply detailed strategies for treatment or repair, as well as a period of time for those recommendations that can then be implemented.
Symptoms of infestation – how do I see whether I have termites in my home in Litchfield Park AZ. ?
More often than not you won’t realize that you’ve got a termite infestation. They’re referred to as hidden invaders for a great reason – there may very well be nothing visible to the untrained eye showing that a construction is under attack. Having said that, if you start looking very closely, you might notice some indicators that a community has taken up residence in your home.
Termites do leave many different indications of their presence. With diligent inspections you might know if you’ve got an infestation and catch it before too much damage is done. Wings on windowsills or flying termites at home would definitely be reason for alarm. Wood damage could be an identifying sign of a termite attack. If you find or break open a piece of wood and it is honeycombed or maybe carved out, the harm was likely caused by termites. You can probe suspect wood by using a ice pick or possibly a flat-blade screwdriver to see if it’s been hollowed.
Severely damaged wood might sound hollowed out when tapped. Unexplained piles of what seems to be coarse grains of sand (which can appear almost anywhere through the home) could actually be termite fecal pellets sifting out of wood members. Mud tubes on walls, along base board or in cracks and crevices indicate termites. For pest control and termite control in Litchfield Park AZ call Rid A Bird Pest and Termite Control at 623-587-0125 today.
Termites may cause significant devastation within 3 years. This is why recommend termite inspections for your home along with other structures on your property every 2-3 years. Termite elimination is crucial to mitigating physical damage, however the only way to know if you have termites is to inspect for them. Professional inspection by Rid A Bird will be your most effective way to prevent termites. We can also get rid of them when you have them.
What to do in the event you termites?
Effectual termite treatment methods are based upon the location and extent of the problem, the variety of termite, and the construction of the structure. Our inspectors review each and every infestation individually and make proper recommendation for a comprehensive plan for treatment that effectively controls that termite society.
We will never sell you a predetermined product or solution – just as if you went to a physician. We only recommend the methods have been proven to effectively eliminate the exact problems linked with your structure, protecting your house or business. If wood damage is found, we will also make recommendations for repairs brought on by these harmful pests.
Here are some ideas to keep your home termite-free:
- At least one time every 6 months examine the areas around your water system. Note and repair and leak issues.
- At least once yearly inspect your concrete block and fill all cracks.
- Do not allow water to get on stucco or wood exterior siding whenever watering your yard or garden.
- Gutters and also downspouts need to be maintained in good repair.
- Foundation air vents have to be kept fully exposed; trim shrubs as needed.
- Moisture should not be permitted to build up around your house close to the foundation.
- Take care of any wood or foam board left in place after any building occurs.
- Old tree stumps and roots around and underneath the building need to be removed.
- Wood touching soil serves as a prime termite access point – leave an 18-inch gap between soil and wood and look for this space each year.
- Repair any kind of damaged roof tiles and roofing shingles as soon as is feasible – broken tiles and roof shingles produce dampness traps which attracts termites and can provide a portal to the inside.
- Search for dampness in your roof and attic space and dehumidify if you have a problem
- Make sure the moisture release of air conditioning units is located away from your home?s foundation
- Don’t permit puddles to sit. Search for condensation and other moisture build-ups around air conditioner units.
- Use plastic boxes to store items in the attic.
- Carry out regular inspections in your living areas for termite activity
- When building a new home be sure that a professional lays down a termite barrier which can last up to 5 years
- Check for termite damage on skirting boards by pressing your thumb firmly against the skirting board.
Here Are Additional Tips to Keep Your Home Termite-Free
- When appropriate, use items made of other materials such as metal for home furniture. For pest control termite control in Litchfield Park AZ call us at 623-587-0125 today!
- Put wooden furniture out in the sun if you find signs of termites.
- Keep laundry off the ground and away from walls
- In your garage and basement, keep storage units away from walls
- Use metal shelves instead of wood if appropriate for your home
- Make sure windows and doors in your home are kept shut during swarming season
- Regularly inspect your cupboards for termite activity. If you are worried, call professional pest specialists.
- Remove old tree stumps from your garden
- Use mulch made from other materials such as gravel, plastic, and rubber
- Leave a gap between the mulch and the foundations of your home
- Use termite-resistant or treated fence and deck posts
- Replace wooden fence posts with ones made from metal and rock
- If you live in an area prone to termite activity opt for an alternative garden feature to decking.
- Store wood elevated off the ground and away from your home.
*Termite inspection and removal for pest control termite control in Litchfield Park AZ
You may have noticed that many of these termite prevention tips involve carrying out regular inspections for termites. In doing so you are creating a proactive method in keeping your home safe from these wood boring insects. A termite exterminator will be able to correctly inspect a property for termites and identify any issues as well as recommending the correct course of termite control options. An annual termite inspection will help ensure your property is protected against the potential for termites to much their way through your home.
If you suspect termites and need pest control termite control in Litchfield Park AZ, call in the professionals quickly by dialing 623-587-0125 as soon as possible. The longer you wait the more damage that will need to be repaired and the significantly higher the cost. Small, localized infestations can many times simply be removed and treated by a qualified person. Rid a Bird Pest Control Termite Control in Litchfield Park AZ can be trusted for all your pest and termite extermination needs. Please use our contact form if you would like to email us immediately.