Need pest or termite help right away? Call us at 623-587-0125
What kind of termites might cause me to need pest control termite control in El Mirage AZ?
Subterranean termites are definitely the most familiar termite we discover in homes and businesses. They’re also the most destructive termite species of all the termite varieties you’ll find. Seeing termites will definitely cause you to need pest control termite control in El Mirage AZ along with much of Arizona. Termites quite active. They build little, light tan mud tubes to travel through inside the soil straight into the structural wood.
Subterranean termites establish these kinds of mud tube tunnels. Then they can make their way inside the soil through to nutrients sources. After reaching these resources, they implement their especially strong scissor-like mandibles. They use those mandibles in order to chew through wood material twenty-four hours every single day – seven days a week. This can cause you to need pest control termite control in El Mirage AZ very quickly as you can see below.
Were you aware that termites don’t sleep? That’s why they are always active, and in particular throughout their active periods. Exactly why do they eat wood? Because the wood’s cellulose is their food. Underground termites swarm during spring as well as monsoon season. That is when reproductive termites begin new colonies.
Desert subterranean termites’ colonies can be up to two million strong. They usually reside deep within the soil. Termites have the ability to tunnel 100’s of feet to find food resources. They merely need a 1/32″ crack to acquire entrance through concrete directly into homes.
From time to time you can observe termite tubes on foundation concrete, dangling from ceilings, on walls, or even “swarming” around your property. If you’ve spotted any one of these signs, it’s time for you to contact us . at 623-587-0125. Ensure you get your termite truth right away, from the trained professionals that know.
Termites usually are most lively in the spring and after monsoon season. Our company’s termite evaluation and treatment solution schedule books up rapidly during these times. If you are suspicious of a termite issue or maybe want to be secure and protected and get checked out, please call at the earliest opportunity.
Termites are soundless dwelling wreckers that quite literally eat away at lumber dwellings. They can cause more emotional and economic destruction when compared with any other infestation. The actual destruction is carried out noiselessly and quickly. Since wood is their food, they are able to quickly harm your home as they will chew through woodworking and flooring. They will even chew through wall paper and other products crafted from paper or wood material. The havoc causes more than five BILLION dollars in devastation within the United States yearly.
Rid a Bird Pest Control Termite Control in El Mirage AZ helps safeguard your home from termite destruction. By administering termite inspections for all of our termite customers we prevent harmful termites from damaging your house. Our termite treatment options are custom-made for your home. We warranty our termite control throughout the El Mirage AZ area and beyond.
Conditions Leading to Termite Problems in El Mirage AZ
- Direct wood to soil exposure with any component of your house.
- Defective grade directing water toward the foundation.
- No ACTIVE Termite Shield, or termite pre-treat in advance of house construction.
- Foundation Cracks.
- Trees as well as Bushes coming in contact with your residence.
If any of these conditions exist on your property, including wood contacting dirt anyplace outside your residence, there is a very high probability for termite access. Weakened wood sounds dull when knocked with a screwdriver or mallet. However, in order to avoid possible injury to your home, please don’t bang holes in your wall surfaces. We’ll investigate termite issues without the need of resulting in harm to your residence. Phone Rid a Bird Pest Control Termite Control in El Mirage AZ today at 623-587-0125
Termite Treatments in El Mirage AZ
Quality termite treatments need a proper time schedule in order to work. To control termites in the El Mirage AZ area, we have to treat underground and close to your foundation. Above ground solutions have no effect on termites. This is because they are in their protective mud tubes and underground colonies. Every home and termite infestation is unique, so we customize your own termite treatment solution to meet your needs. This includes:
- Preventive Control
- Total Household Corrective Control
- Renewable Termite Control WARRANTIES
Subterranean Termite Treatments include trenching around the building, drilling through concrete whenever necessary, as well as interior wall treatments when essential. Our Termite pro’s will drill through EXPANSION JOINTS, wherever possible, to save homeowners from the look of drilled concrete. Prices for Termite Management Treatments are calculated on linear footage, & concrete drilling requirements.
The majority of homes within the Phoenix AZ area are pre-treated for Termites ahead of the concrete floor foundation is poured. Termite pre-treats may last for up to 5 years. Considering that subterranean termites are so very prevalent in our Phoenix area valley, we advise a preventive termite inspection every 2-3 years and then control treatment every 3-5 years after that.
Termite Species in El Mirage AZ
Most termites discovered in our Arizona Desert are Subterranean Termites. These types of termites dwell in huge colonies as deep as 50 feet below ground.
Subterranean Termites come out of the ground trying to find cellulose in the wood products of your house to feed on. Our native variety is Heterotermes. These underground Harmful termites are native to our area and prosper in the dry desert in which we dwell in. They generally swarm through our monsoon season mostly right after the heavy rains.
This species constructs common mud tubes that you could see on your lawn. They are small, strong, and airtight! Subterranean termites nest in locations with higher moisture content and also below cement foundations due to the capability to preserve moisture. Because these harmful termites are so incredibly small, they can get into homes through extremely small cracks within concrete and expansion joints!
Homeowners normally contact us for termite control whenever they find mud tubes going up the groundwork, poking through a wall, or whenever they witness flying termites “swarming” around their property.
Desert Landscape Termites
In the Arizona desert, we have the “Desert Termite” (Gnathamitermes & Wheeler Termites).
This kind of Termite doesn’t normally get into residences and cause damage. “Desert Termites” typically feed on lumber, and plants outside. After a really good rain or perhaps watering, “Desert Termites” construct mud tubes which can entirely cover dead vegetation as well as wood products. Desert Termites also leave sheets of mud found on Palm Trees, Cactus, and also pieces of lumber touching the earth.
These Termites are not as common in the Phoenix Arizona valley, but they are an occasional challenge.
Light Western Drywood Termites can be commonly found within the Sonora Desert BELOW 4000 ft elevation. Drywood Termites reside Inside of the wood they infest and tend to be hardly ever seen.
Indications Of Drywood Termites
Drywood termites discharge piles of fecal pellets coming from nests out of minute holes. (After you’ve cleaned out the fecal pellets away, the straw colored pellets will build up all over again.)
- Swarmers tend to be red
- Very little holes, around 1mm in diameter
- Piles of small wings
Favorable Conditions with regard to Termite Pest infestations that require Pest Control Termite Control in El Mirage AZ
- Dampness in the earth around the foundation or in the home itself.
- Direct lumber to soil contact. NO part of your house should have direct contact with the dirt and your building.
- Defective grade draining water in the direction of your foundation, instead of away from your residence.
- Trees & bushes too close or touching the dwelling or place of work. Vines, Shrubs, and other plant life should Not grow on or against your residential home or exterior siding because it traps moisture, lures in harmful termites, inhibits termite assessments, and contributes to wood rot.
- No ACTIVE Termite BARRIER. This can be the absence of a termite pre-treat ahead of construction, of merely an older residence that requires a brand new Termite Control Application. This does not display on report.
- Cracks in the foundation. They do not show on a termite report, but can present sufficient access for termites directly into a structure.
- Wood Debris and MULCH – Mulch is ideal for plants and landscaping but can easily cause issues with termites. Termites love wet wood and cellulose containing products in mulch. Many times they will likely forage these areas. If you use mulch ensure that is stays down to 2-3 inches thick and do not put it alongside your foundation. Mulch must not have contact with stucco home siding, the foundation, siding, house windows or exterior doors. Any wood dust in the soil can captivate termites to the food source. Concrete form planks, tree and bush stumps, discarded wood, fire place wood, landscape timbers even cardboard boxes and newspaper interest foraging termites.
Termites continually eat wood and never fatten up!
Likely the most damaging creature colony and it never sleeps. Can this be a headline for the latest scary video? No, it really is the best detailed description of the menace in which harmful termites can be any time they take up residence inside your home or business. Due to some localized types acquiring upward to of 2 million individuals within a individual colony, termites cause over $5 billion in damages to property every single calendar year.
Termites can consume wood material from within and for that reason may be not noticed in exposed wood simply because often the outside area is still left intact even though the interior can be eaten to shreds! Without any doubt, termite destruction in and around your house is of utmost importance.
Protecting Your Home from Termites in El Mirage AZ
The secrets to protecting your residence from subterranean termites include knowledge on prevention not to mention a professional examination every 2-3 years. Without regular home inspections, termites will undoubtedly be far more challenging to control. Your private home could get assaulted by termites with no warning, and those infestations are often undetected for years. They can remain hidden behind walls, carpeting and rugs, insulation as well as obstructions.
The technical phrase to have a termite inspection is WDIIR (Wood Destroying Insect Inspection Reports) Inspection. Many people call it a termite inspection, but additionally it includes those things that could possibly attack the structural integrity of any house: timber borers, carpenter ants, and carpenter bees. The pest evaluation also clearly shows any favorable conditions – sections of the dwelling that, if they aren’t solved, may very well bring in termites, and all the rest.
By far the most worrying and scary thing about termites is this: many times, there isn’t an observable indication to the untrained eye that a home is infested or vulnerable. Rid A Bird’s Termite Inspection professionals carefully examine the structure and identify wood damaging infestations and organisms, pinpoint the cause of any pest infestations, and then make any essential recommendations for restoration. Having a termite inspection could mean the real difference in locating already present conditions as soon as possible, before they get the chance to become much more severe.
Here is what you can expect to take place during a comprehensive Wood Destroying Insect Inspection Report examination:
To help make the whole process quicker and much less intrusive towards your time schedule, take the time to take away anything that might be sitting up against the walls within your garage. Also, make an effort to remove any things that are stored against the perimeter of the premises.
A licensed inspector is going to arrive on your property at the appointed time and go over your questions and any specific places which you might be concerned about or may have found symptoms of wood damage. The inspector also will explain to you what’s involved in the inspection.
The inspector will assess both the interior and exterior of the residence. This includes the attic space, patios, porches, garage area along with the places underneath the floor of the living quarters. In addition we search for water leaks inside the house. An inspection might take over an hour to complete. We search for dead insects in addition to those that are still living, termite pellets, termite wings, along with termite tubes.
Approximately a week after the inspection is finished, we will give you a comprehensive report that identifies what we found. We explain whether termite activity was discovered and where it was discovered. We will also furnish detailed recommendations for treatment or repair, together with a timeframe for those recommendations that can be implemented.
Indications of infestation – how do I see whether I have termites in El Mirage AZ?
Most of the time you won’t be aware that you have a termite problem. They’re called hidden invaders for a very good reason -there may be absolutely nothing visible to the untrained eye showing that a building is under infiltration. Nevertheless, if you start looking very closely, you may notice some indications that a colony has taken up residence within your home.
Termites do leave a variety of warning signs of their presence, and with thorough inspections you may be able to determine if you’ve got an infestation and also catch it before an excessive amount of damage is done. Wings on windowsills or flying termites at your residence absolutely are reason for alarm. Wood damage could be an identifying indication of a termite infestation. If you discover or break open a piece of wood and it is honeycombed or possibly carved out, the destruction was probably because of termites. You can probe suspect wood with a ice pick or possibly a flat-blade screwdriver to find out whether it’s been hollowed.
Severely damaged wood seems hollowed out when tapped. Unexplained piles of what appears to be coarse grains of sand (that may appear practically anywhere throughout the house) may actually be termite fecal pellets sifting out from wood members. Mud tubes on walls, along base boards or perhaps in crevices and cracks denote termites.
Termites can cause appreciable destruction in only 3 years. This is the reason that we recommend termite inspections for your house and other buildings on your property every 2-3 years. Termite eradication is vital to alleviating structural damage. Nevertheless it is also the only way to know when you have termites is to inspect for them. Professional inspection by Rid a Bird Pest Control Termite Control in El Mirage AZ is your best way to prevent termites and to eliminate them in case you have them.
What direction to go in the event you have termites in El Mirage AZ?
Effective termite treatment solutions are based upon the location and severity of the infestation, the type of termite, as well as construction of the building. Our inspectors consider each and every infestation individually and make appropriate recommendation for a comprehensive treatment plan that effectively controls that termite population.
We will never sell you a predetermined product or solution – in the same way if you went to your doctor. We exclusively recommend the methods have been proven to effectively eliminate the exact circumstances associated with your structure, protecting your dwelling or business. If wood damage is located, we’ll also make recommendations for repairs caused by these harmful insects.
Below are some tips to keep your home termite-free:
- At least one time every 6 months inspect the areas around your pipes. Note and repair and leak issues.
- At least once annually inspect your concrete block and fill any kind of cracks.
- Never allow water to get on stucco or wood house siding when watering your yard or garden.
- Gutters and downspouts need to be maintained in good repair.
- Foundation air vents have to be kept completely exposed; prune shrubbery as needed.
- Moisture shouldn’t be allowed to gather around your dwelling next to the foundation.
- Clear away any wood or foam board left in place after any building takes place.
- Old tree stumps and roots around and below the building should be removed.
- Wood contact with soil is known as a leading termite entry way – leave an 18-inch gap between the soil and wood and look for this space every year.
- Repair any kind of damaged roofing tiles and shingles as quickly as possible – cracked tiles and roofing shingles create dampness traps which attracts termites and can provide a gateway to the inside.
- Look for dampness in your roof and attic space and dehumidify if you find a problem
- Ensure that the moisture release of air conditioning units is located away from your home?s foundation
- Don?t allow puddles to sit. Look for condensation and other moisture build-ups around air conditioner units.
- Use plastic boxes to store items in the attic.
- Carry out regular inspections in your living areas for termite activity
- When building a new home be sure that a professional lays down a termite barrier which can last up to 5 years
- Check for termite damage on skirting boards by pressing your thumb firmly against the skirting board.
- When appropriate, use items made of other materials such as metal for home furniture.
Additional Tips to Help Keep Your Home Termite Free in El Mirage AZ
- Put wooden furniture out in the sun if you find signs of termites.
- Keep laundry off the ground and away from walls
- In your garage and basement, keep storage units away from walls
- Use metal shelves instead of wood if appropriate for your home
- Make sure windows and doors in your home are kept shut during swarming season
- Regularly inspect your cupboards for termite activity. If you are worried, call professional pest specialists.
- Remove old tree stumps from your garden
- Use mulch made from other materials such as gravel, plastic, and rubber
- Leave a gap between the mulch and the foundations of your home
- Use termite-resistant or treated fence and deck posts
- Replace wooden fence posts with ones made from metal and rock
- If you live in an area prone to termite activity opt for an alternative garden feature to decking.
- Store wood elevated off the ground and away from your home.
*Termite inspection and removal in El Mirage AZ
You may have noticed that many of these termite prevention tips involve carrying out regular inspections for termites. You create a proactive method in keeping your home safe from these wood boring insects by scheduling routine inspections. A termite exterminator will be able to correctly inspect a property for termites. He or she can identify any issues as well as recommend the correct course of pest control termite control in El Mirage AZ options. An annual termite inspection will help ensure your property is protected against the potential for termites to munch their way through your home.
If you suspect termites and need pest control termite control in El Mirage AZ, call the professionals quickly by dialing 623-587-0125 as soon as possible. The longer you wait the more damage that will need to be repaired and the significantly higher the cost will be. Small, localized infestations can many times simply be removed and treated by a qualified person. Rid a Bird Pest and Termite Control can be trusted for all your pest and termite extermination needs. Please use our contact form if you would like to email us immediately.
For further info on termites, see the Wiki article.